20

Rex helped wheel Ahsoka towards the medical tent, with the help of a couple medics. Most of the refuge had been fixed after the imperial attack. There were still hints of damage but nothing serious. They started shouting orders and crowding around Ahsoka. They hooked her up to an IV, put an oxygen mask around her face, and began to tend to her wounds. Rex stayed by her side the entire time, stroking her montrals and whispering comforting comments. Soon the doctors had finished their work and left Rex with Ahsoka as they began to help Lux. They told Rex she had a major cut on her thigh, Carbon dioxide poisoning, as well as other minor scratches. It was nothing they couldn't handle and they expected her to make a full recovery, though it would take time. When she awoke she would be very weak, so they would have to stay on Onderon until she got better.

Ahsoka's once pale skin was now more vibrant, her breathing was better and the gash on her thigh was stitched up. Her chest rose and fell with ease and Rex was still holding her hand, nudging his thumb over her fingers. He waited until she woke up. Which was hours upon hours. At some moments Rex felt drowsy, his eyelids droopy. He stifled a yawn and tried to focus on Ahsoka. The medics had helped Lux and told him he would recover as well. Rex didn't care for him as much.

Just seeing the medics reminded Rex of Kix, and all the other clones. He couldn't go anywhere without being reminded of his fellow brothers. Kriff, he couldn't even look in the mirror without seeing their face in his very own. The pain haunted him like a terrible memory. Following him around wherever he went, and reminding him of Order 66 as well as his lost brothers. He hated it. Every single second was agony. He wanted to rid himself of the pain, but he didn't know how.

Meanwhile Ahsoka's eyes fluttered and she mumbled something that only Rex could make out.

"He'll come" she muttered.

Then her eyes hastily opened and she shot up, panting.

"Whoa whoa whoa" Rex comforted, "It's alright. I'm here"

"Rex" she breathed, throwing her arms around the clone and embracing him tightly.

"You're safe now" he whispered.

She pulled away then leaned in, so close their lips almost touched. She wiggled her fingers that were intertwined with his, her heart was beating fast.

"You came," she sighed.

"Of course I did" Rex replied, "I would risk everything for you, Soka"

A grin tugged at her mouth and she cuffed the side of Rex's face.

"I love you Rexter" she pointed out.

Then their lips met in a passionate and gentle kiss. Rex deepened it, leaning in closer and running his hands down to her hips. Ahsoka's arms dangled around Rex's neck, her hands running through and playing with his hair. They parted for a moment and pressed their foreheads together, grateful to be together again.

"I love you too, Ahsoka Tano" Rex whispered in her ear.

They were interrupted by an annoyed Lux clearing his throat. Ahsoka tensed, feeling uneasy just being near the boy. Rex saw the difference in her mood and his lip curled in disgust as he shot Lux a glare.

"I see the love birds have reunited" Lux mused.

"Shut it Bonteri" Rex growled.

Lux just snorted and rolled his eyes. He crossed his arms, a look of pure amusement flashing across his face. Ahsoka felt her skin crawl and slowly layed back down on her cot, all the adrenaline slowly fading. She wasn't fully healed yet, and she was still very weak. Rex seemed to notice.

"How are you feeling?" he asked Ahsoka.

"Better. Now I can actually breath" she joked.

Rex winced, "I'm sorry Soka...For everything"