22

Rex's heart dropped like a stone.

"What did you just say?" he snarled.

"I said Ahsoka kissed me" Lux sneered, proud of the effect this had on Rex, "Back when she was helping me deal with the death watch"

Lux just happened to leave out the tiny detail that it was to keep Ahsoka's cover. This made the situation seem much worse than it actually was, infuriating Rex. He felt rage boil up inside of him, and squeezed the controls as hard as he could. He felt the rubber bend under his grasp, the sound of it hurting his ears.

"What?" Lux cooed, "Sad that Ahsoka loves me more than she could ever love you?"

"She. Doesn't. Love. You." Rex growled.

"Yes. She. Does." Lux shot back.

Rex landed the ship and stomped off, heading right for the medical tent. When he arrived Ahsoka was sitting upright, her lugs swung over the side of the cot. She was the only person there. She looked up and smiled when she saw Rex. 

"Hey! Did you find a ship?" She eagerly asked.

Suddenly her smile quickly disappeared when she saw the look of pure anger on his face. Lux strolled in behind Rex and Ahsoka glared at the boy. He must have something to do with this.

"Rex what's wrong?" Ahsoka asked, trying to keep her voice from shaking as Rex came closer and closer to her.

She had never seen him this upset in his life. It scared her. What could Lux have done that made him this upset? Then Ahsoka realized. Her eyes grew wide and she swallowed hard.

"Rex," she repeated, "Tell me what's wrong"

"What's wrong?!" he said, then laughed on the edge of hysteria, "This kriffing piece of bantha fodder told me you kissed him"

Ahsoka went dead silent.

"And I thought that couldn't be true so-" Rex looked over to see the togruta next to him, pale face and fidgety.

"No..." he breathed, "Ahsoka?"

Ahsoka looked everywhere except for where Rex was. She couldn't bear to see the pained, heartbroken, expression on his face any longer. Rex felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. It was true. No, it couldn't be. How did this happen? Why did he spend all his love and affection on Ahsoka just for it to be forgotten and thrown away.

"A-Ahsoka" he stuttered, "I-i-is that true?"

"I-" Ahsoka started, but she couldn't finish the sentence.

Her mouth opened once more but no words came out. She felt as her face got increasingly hotter and hotter.

"Tell. Me." Rex demanded, tears streaming down his face.

Ahsoka jumped at the harshness of his voice. He had never yelled at her before, nor had she yelled at him. This was different. She choked on her breath, a tear rolling down her cheek as well.

"It's true" she sputtered, "Rex...Rex I'm so sorry"

Rex's lip curled out of pain and he looked away, angrily wiping the tears away. Meanwhile Lux was just standing and watching the show unfold. The demeanor was tense, angry, and hurtful all at the same time. Lux loved it. Ahsoka broke down, crying into her hands. The sound of her pain broke the stale silence that hung in the air.

"Rex you have to understand-" she wailed but Rex intervened.

"What?" he yelled, "What should I understand about that? I thought you loved me!"