Ten¶My Babylicious 😉😄

"What's up, my Babylicious"

How did he get my number? Maybe he called the wrong number.

"Sorry, I don't know you. Wrong number," I said this and was about to hung up.

"Hey, wait!" the unknown voice called.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Yes, you do"

"Who are you?"

"Your boyfriend ni! " that's when I noticed the familiar tone of Freddy's voice.

"Oh!" I gasped in surprise. A smile creased my face. "I didn't even know".

"Mtchew! It is a shame. You can't even recognize your boyfriend's voice" he said as a ruffled sound followed. It sounded as if he was moving.

"How did you expect me to know that you would call?" I yelled into the phone.

"That was wrong of you. Go and learn how to be a responsible girlfriend," he teased.

"Abegi! As if you are a responsible boyfriend," I retorted.

"Hey, I even bothered to call you. That was good of me na!" he whined.

I giggled, "So why did you call? Any problem?"

"Can't a boy call his girlfriend?" he threw the question harshly at me. I gasped. This was unexpected!

"I don't know na! This is my first time in a relationship. I am not used to this" I snapped. "Thanks for calling. Bye," I hung up and threw my phone at the other side of the couch.

My phone began to ring. I eyed it and hissed. If I should touch that phone, then my name is not Naomi Tosin.

Three phonecall rings later and the cold screen of my phone was pressed against my ear.

"Ehen! What?"

Yeah, guys! Your stupid friend still picked the call. Hey, my name is still Naomi. Don't even think of calling me mu mu or ode! I go beat shege out of you. N.B--I am a weakling. So who is beating whom?

"Is my cupcake angry?"

"Are you asking me? Go and look for the cupcake ni" I hissed.

"But you are my cupcake"

"I resemble cupcake for your eyes abi? "

"No, baby!"

"Why am I even wasting my time talking to you?" I sneered. Ode! Hang up na! You are there pretending. If you no won talk to am, hang up.

I looked at my phone. I don't want to hang up yet.

"Naomi, no vex! I am sorry oo! " he mumbled the words, making it hard to hear. He apologized. I should forgive, right?

"Fine!" I sighed. "I am not angry again," I licked my lips to moisturize it since it felt dead and dry. My blank TV screen stared at me, remembering of the country I lived in. If a reporter should ask me 'Is there always a steady supply of electricity in your country?'. I will take the microphone and scream with the highest pitch, "No ooo! ". That's how bad it is!

"Good! How was your day?"

"My day?" a bitter laughter escaped my chapped lips. "Horrible!" I replied bluntly.

"What happened?"

With that, I narrated everything to him in details. I even went far to telling him about Chigozie.