Thirty-six¶My B-day!🎂

OMG!!!!! My book has reached 10k. Thank you everyone for your support! It means a lot to me! ❤❤❤❤

************************

   °•°•°• Naomi's POV•°•°•°•

Today is my birthday!!! Thank God oo!

I swiveled my hip and hopped around. I threw in some dance moves and ran into the bathroom.

Today is my b-day!!!!

"Naomi!!" Anita yelled from my room. I ran out of the bathroom.

"Yes?"

She pulled me in and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Happy birthday, dummy!" she teased. "Don't forget! I deserve the biggest share of the cake!"

"Mtchew! Not only biggest share. In fact, I will give you the whole cake!" I taunted with a note of sarcasm.

"Yes! Give me the whole cake!" she slapped my butt.

"Ouch!" I glared at her. "Don't you know your hand is painful?"

"Are you sure?" she slapped my butt again.

"Ah!" I exclaimed and ran after her. She sprinted to her room and slammed the door at my face. "Anita, there will be no cake for you! You will see!"

"Empty threats!" her voice came out muffled through the wooden door. I hissed and walked to my room.

I spent a week chanting that my birthday would be coming soon. I hope Freddy won't forget. He promised he won't. For some reason, I just want to see the gift he will prepare for me. Will he get a birthday present for me? I'm not sure! I just hope he will remember. I feel so excited.

I dressed properly in my school uniform, flung my bag on my shoulder and skipped down the stairs.

"Good morning, ma!" I greeted my mother.

"Naomi! Good morning! How are you?"

"Fine!"

"Happy birthday!" she extended her arms. I walked in and she embraced me.

"Our daughter is now a big girl now!" My dad's deep voice echoed behind me.

"Good morning, sir!"

"Morning, my dear!" he exclaimed. "Happy birthday! What would you like me to get for you?"

"Let's bake cake na!" my mum suggested.

"Mum," Anita walked up to us. "She is celebrating her sweet sixteen! Let's buy a cake and also have dinner at a restaurant. Naomi, that would be nice, abi?"

"Yeah! It would!" I smiled.

"Or should we throw a party?" Anita sent an innocent smile to my parents.

"No! Your first idea was better! I don't want her to have a party!" my dad replied.

"But..." she pouted. "It would be fun and Naomi can celebrate with her peers".

"Celebrate?" my mom glared at her. "She will celebrate with us. Beside, doesn't she have school to focus on? Party is just a distraction!"

"Okay!" Anita muttered and walked into the kitchen.

"Naomi, I will buy a cake when I am coming back from work!" my dad announced.

"Thank you daddy!"

"Anita!" my dad called. "Come to the parlor. Let us pray for your sister!"

She appeared and the prayer began. An hour later, I was in the class patiently waiting to see Freddy.