Forty¶A Visit 🙂🏘

I ran straight to Freddy. He was gasping the words, "Inhaler!"

I froze and cocked a brow. "Inhaler?"

"He is asthmatic!" one of the boys screamed. "Who has inhaler oo?"

Seeing Freddy unable to breathe made me run mad. When someone said he had one and it was close by. I literally ran with him towards his bag, snatched the inhaler and ran back to Freddy. He was at the middle of the large field so yep! I ran a big distance three times. I think I have burnt all the fats I have in my body. I gave it to him and he inhaled the content in the inhaler.

"How are you? Are you better?" One boy asked as Freddy leaned on him.

Freddy coughed and gave a thumbs up.

Freddy didn't tell me he was asthmatic! He has to explain why he hid that from me!

He made an attempt to move and dropped lifelessly to the ground. I fell to my knees and shook him. "Freddy, what's wrong? Wake up!" I paincked. The boys turned Freddy around to see his face. He was unconscious.

Once again, my brain went blank and fear gripped all my muscles. I was doing my best not to burst into tears. Seeing him like that was affecting my heart and soul.

If anything happens to Freddy, gosh....I can never remain the same!

A teacher arrived and the boys carried Freddy to the sick bay. I refused to attend any class and sat in the room, praying that he would wake up. The nurse in the sick bay said he just fainted.

I just want him to wake up. That's all. As long as he is unconscious, I can't have peace of mind.

I sat on a plastic chair beside the bed Freddy lay on. I kept shaking my legs while rubbing my sweaty hands together. This moment was unbearable for me. The door swung open and the nurse walked in.

"Ah ahan! What are you still doing here? Don't you have class to attend?" she quirked a brow.

I didn't reply. Is it not obvious that my boyfriend is lying unconscious? How will I concentrate in class? See me see trouble oo!

"Go to your class now!"

"But ma, I wanted..."

She cut me short, "Mr Ade will be angry if he sees you here!"

"But my boyfr...um...friend is unconscious. I am worried. I can't concentrate in class" I implored.

"Just go! He is fine!"

"Please ma!" I clasped my hands together.

"Leave! He is fine!" she sent a disgusted look and sat on the chair beside her desk.

Why is this woman so annoying? Aren't they paying her well?

I glanced at Freddy and sighed. I will have to go now. If you like yourself and you don't want us to fight, just wake up and say Hey cupcake! You are getting me so worried.

I stood up and my whole body was seething with anger. Normally, I'm a polite, well-disciplined girl but today, this woman deserves a well structured Naomi glare. The one that would seem like an insult to her.

I frowned and glared at her. She looked shocked and frowned. "Leave nah!"

I kept glaring at her as I made my way to the door. I shut it and hissed, "Mtchew!"
It was loud enough for her to hear from inside the room.

I went to my class and apologized to my government teacher for coming late to class. Like I had said before, I couldn't concentrate. Every words entered through my right ear and left from the other side.