28

I was awake early, making myself a quick breakfast. I put on my grey joggers and a henley style white shirt. My hair was in a rather half-assed bun.

I didn't sleep very well. In fact, I couldn't sleep at all. Ever since last night I've felt completely hard wired and on my toes. I thought a hot shower would at least get me to relax, but I guess not.

Athena was the only thing in my mind and I was replaying the events of last night in my head nonstop. Unfortunately, I think I've been just as horny if not more than last night.

I ate, packed my bag, and headed to school where I met up with Tommy in the parking lot. We were standing by my car after I had gotten out and locked the door.

"You look like a total slut," His eyes dropping up and down my body.

I looked at him like he was crazy, "What?"

"Grey joggers, white tee? Gold chain? You've never heard of that?"

I shook my head, confused, "Is it a bad thing?"

He rolled his eyes, "No, you idiot. It's a good thing. It's a compliment. It's the male version of looking like a slut. Well, you're not exactly a dude, but it still applies."

"Since when is looking like a slut a good thing?"

"Holy fuck you live in a cave Joe," He said as he walked off. "I wish I could look like a slut!"

I followed after him, "I look good? It's just a shirt and joggers."

"Did you forget you have muscles and look like a feminine dude? Of course you look good."

We walked through the front doors of school. The hallways crowding up. His compliment was odd, but it was still a compliment nonetheless. I personally think I don't look that great today.

We stopped at Tommy's locker first and he got whatever he needed. He was talking and mentioning random things — I wasn't listening and I didn't really care. I'm too busy stuck in a daze, hearing Athena's moans close to my ears and feeling her nails dig into my scalp.

I can't wait to see her today.

"Who are you looking like a slut for today anyway?" Tommy asked.

I rolled my eyes, "No one. I told you I really don't think I look any better than any other day I come to school."

He slammed his locker shut, "Whatever girl hits on you today make sure to give em' my number. You know, since you're not interested in relationships."

I smirked, "You're interested in a relationship right now?"

He shrugged, "Whatever happens, happens, Joe. Attention would be nice though."

I hummed in thought, thinking of anyone I could possibly hook Tommy up with. I definitely would've been successful at this a year or two ago, when I actually had friends.

I laughed then, "I'll definitely send em' your way if they come."

Tommy and I parted ways when the first bell rang. I was slightly thankful for it because I felt myself needing some time to catch up with my buzzing mind.

My first class was a pain in the ass. I couldn't really focus but I managed to finish my work. I was beyond excited and practically trembling to see Athena, but the feeling of embarrassment was settling at the bottom of my stomach — partly because there was no way of knowing if Athena feels the same unless she tells me.

Somewhere deep down inside I felt like I was overreacting. But how could I be? I learned in therapy that it's easy to fool ourselves into thinking our feelings aren't as serious as we make them out to be. Those mental arguments just make it harder for us to process emotions.