40

"God, I missed you," Athena said through the short breaks of our makeout. Our teeth clicked together furiously as I held her against her kitchen table. Her hands held my face tightly.

She had just flown in two hours ago. Once I was done helping my Dad with some last-minute errands, I practically raced all the way here.

I was planning to sit down and catch up with her after handing her the car keys — her time at her mother's, what went on, and so forth, but she looked so damn good in her light blue jeans and salmon-colored shirt, I couldn't wait any longer to get my hands on her.

She let go of my face and clutched at my tank top, the thin and worn down fabric ready to fray even more. I quickly pulled it off, "I missed you too," I whispered as I snaked my hand around the nape of her neck. "So much."

I pulled her flush to me and continued the kiss. She moaned softly and goosebumps broke out onto my skin. As she gripped my sides, I couldn't help but notice the strong scent of her soap — perfume — whatever it was. It smelled so good to the point where I wanted to taste it on her.

She slid her arms up my sides and around my chest, outlining my boobs in my sports bra. She dropped her hands back down and undid the button to my jeans.

She pulled away from my lips, taking deep breaths. We ended up smiling at each other and laughing.

"Sorry," She said with a smile.

I kissed her cheek, "For?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck, "For attacking you like this. I didn't even say hi."

I bit my lip and gripped her hips, "Hi."

She smiled, "Hi."

"How was your winter break?"

She sighed softly and cradled one side of my face with her hand. I could see the sadness creeping up in her honey brown eyes, "It was refreshing, but also ... full of thought."

"No fights I hope,"

She shook her head, "Surprisingly. No fights."

I gently kissed her lips, feeling the dread develop in my chest. Did I have to tell her about Jason and the rumor, and my confusing feelings?

Her finger traced the right side of my jawline, pulling me back to reality. "Are you alright?" She asked while tilting her head, giving me an innocent glare.

Well, I did not miss that.

I arched my eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"You look like you have something on your mind," She replied. Her eyes big and clear.

I frowned a little. I have to tell her at least some of truth, no matter what. I sighed and scratched my head, "Some stuff happened over break. Stuff that you should know. But don't worry. I didn't get myself into trouble or anything."

Not intentionally at least.

She hummed, folding her arms across her chest, "Okay, we can talk about it in the room. When you get out of those jeans and I get out of my clothes."

"Oh ..."

She grabbed my hand and took me all the way down the hall and to her room. Her suitcase was laid out by her closet, clothes spilling out of it. I smiled a little, but the observation was cut short when she brought my attention back to her lips.

As we kissed she forced my jeans down. I quickly kicked out of them, now reaching for the hem of her shirt.

We fell in bed, kissing time away. Not naked, but almost there. Athena was in her black bra and thong, while I was in my sports bra and briefs. She eventually made me take my sports bra off. She said she wanted to see and feel me this way. Tangled in bed with her, close, in my skin.