34

With finals coming up the entire school was on edge.

But it's like this every year for everyone. Even the teachers.

Rushing to make up work, pull sinking grades up, and cram for last-minute tests. Students up their teacher's asses to update grades. Students calculating every possible grade. It's all just one big hectic time for everyone.

Thanksgiving passed. It was a little different this time around because after spending some time with my father before he left to work, I went over to Athena's to have a nice dinner.

Afterward, it became harder to spend time with Athena. She was swamped with grading and getting next semester organized for all her classes. She's in desperate need for winter break to finally come around even though I'm sort of dreading it.

Tommy and I continued our workouts, now spending more time with each other on the weekends. I ended up putting on a little more muscle and so did he.

As I got into my first class, I was called into Gallagher's office. My stomach was jumping hurdles at the sudden news. I swore what I ate from breakfast this morning was about to come up.

He can't possibly think I have anything to do with those crazy fights breaking out in the morning right? I'm sure he got that settled.

Unless he found out the truth.

I began shaking slightly as the nervous tremors took over. I tried my best to calm myself down before getting to his office. Looking guilty isn't going to get me anywhere.

I grabbed the gold colored doorknob and took one last deep breath before walking into the kingpin room, but this time I wasn't alone.

I immediately noticed the husky boy sitting in the seat. Gallagher was staring at Gunnar and he looked pissed. I froze in place, not knowing what to do. I couldn't make sense of what was happening.

What the fuck did I just walk into? And why me? Why now?

Gallagher brought his eyes to me, "Nova, come sit please."

I cleared my throat and mumbled, "Yes sir."

I sat down and stole a glance at Gunnar. He was in a navy blue hoodie and black jeans. He didn't bother to look over at me.

The worst-case scenario ran through my mind ... he snitched on me. He snitched on all of us.

I quickly put that terrible thought to waste. He wouldn't do that to me, no matter what and I refuse to believe that he's here because he snitched. Gunnar would never let himself go down like that, but then why is he here sitting in front of our principal who's been trying to pin us for God knows how long?

The tension in the room was unbearable. It was beyond clear that Gunnar and Gallagher had it out for each other. I felt like an innocent bystander that wasn't so innocent. They were just staring at each other as if they were ready to rip each other's throat's out. I can't wait to tell Athena about this one.

If I even make it out.

It felt like years before Gallagher spoke his next words, but his eyes stood on Gunnar.

"Nova, is it true that you were a byproduct of Gunnar's plan to conduct a fight club and recruit students in school?"

"Tell em' the truth," Gunnar said confidently.

I was completely dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say. What is even happening here?

"Um ..." My mouth was moving, but nothing was coming out.