10 | then

Noble Creek High,
Sophomore year,
Day 211

Unknown:𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘, 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚊𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚁𝚞𝚍𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚜𝚜'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚗

Unknown:
𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘, 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚊
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚁𝚞𝚍𝚢, 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚜𝚜'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚗.
𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚍𝚊𝚢.
𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞.

Hera:
𝙷𝚎𝚢.
𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠.
𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕.
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞!

Rudy (NNB&C):
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝.
𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗.
𝙿.𝚂. 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘, 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍.

I re-read the text I got from Rudy once again and groaned loudly at the fact that Hunter is still my mentor.

Last night, I went to sleep right after I replied Rudy so that I could get sufficient rest and didn't see the next message he had sent me. I was really hoping that Rudy or Ray would be my mentor instead of flipping Hunter who for some reason hates the fact that I work at his Uncle's store.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that he would think I'm stalking him. Just who does he think he is? I let out a scoff and cursed his idiotic narcissism.

Getting out of bed, I took a long and relaxing shower and then got ready for school. As I was walking down the stairs, I could smell the mouth-watering pancakes my mom was making.

Wait, what?

I almost tripped over my own foot, but I steadied myself by grabbing the staircase handrail. There was no way my mom—the person who hates mornings with passion—was cooking breakfast.

I quickly ran to the kitchen and grabbed a baseball bat along the way just in case it was an intruder who was stealing our food supplies and using our kitchen.

I finally got to the kitchen and what I saw shocked me to the core. My mom was doing a happy dance while she flipped the pancakes with a happy smile. I dropped the baseball bat on the floor causing a thunderous sound to echo around the kitchen which made my mom jump.

"Hera Heaven Hawkins, you scared the crap out of me! What is wrong with you? Why do you have the baseball bat with you?" Mom said while holding her chest.

"You-you're, you're cooking breakfast." I stuttered.

"Yes. Now come sit down and have some for yourself." She placing a plate filled with delicious pancakes on the counter.