19 | now

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Present day

Noble Creek High,Senior year,Present day

"You're going to what now?"

In the two years that Hunter and I have dated, I have never once seen Hunter dance before. In all honesty, to even imagine that would be bizarre.

Hunter has told me countless times that he was physically unable to dance. Whenever he watched me dance, he told me that he was fascinated that I could move like that. When I told him that he could also move like that if he tried, he refused profusely. He said that even the idea of it was a complete disaster.

So, that is why I have never offered to teach him dancing.....until now.

"Oh, come on! You heard me." I said.

"I did. I just didn't know if you actually said what I thought you said because if you did say what I thought you said then you're just crazy."

I looked at him in pure amusement. "Now you're just being dramatic." I crossed my arms.

"I'm really not. I can't believe you would actually think that I would agree to freaking dancing. You're clearly out of your mind, Hera."

Yup, he is certainly being dramatic.

"It will be fun, I promise," I said while getting up on my feet.

Hunter shook his head. "I would never associate the word 'dancing' with fun. It's actually far from it."

"Now you're just being a coward! You don't even want to try." I said hoping I would strike a nerve.

And it actually did. Because Hunter got up in an instant and stood in front of me with a defensive look. "I'm not a coward!"

I took one step closer to him. "Then, prove it. Prove to me that you're not a coward by letting me teach you how to dance so that I can prove to you that I'm a qualified dance teacher." I said determinedly.

Hunter grimaced knowing that he can't refuse this. "Fine." He said defeated.

I grinned wide. "Great! Now, I just have to think about which choreography I should teach you."

"Hera, if you make me do ballet or something, I swear I'm going-" He paused and looked away like he was deep in thought. He then looked back at me and continued. "I don't know what I would do but it definitely won't be nice."

I scoffed at his failed threat. "Don't worry, Hunter, I won't. Ballet isn't for amateurs anyway." I smirked.

He rolled his eyes while I got back to thinking about what I should teach him. The dance I teach the kids might be too inane for him and to be quite frank—comical on him. My own dances are way too hard and perplexed for him, that's for sure. There has to be something else.

I tilted my head to look at Hunter who had his mesmerizing grey eyes on me with curiosity floating in them. That's when I knew exactly what to teach him.