17 | now

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Present day

Hunter and I walked out of the aisle and went towards the front desk where Emily was usually seen at

Hunter and I walked out of the aisle and went towards the front desk where Emily was usually seen at. Except for this type of situation.

"So, how do you know that there might be food at Emily's desk?" I asked in curiosity.

Then, a thought hit me making me pause in my step. "Hold on. This is not you tricking me again like just now with the homeless person bullshit, right? Because if you are, I swear to God Hunter, I will turn cannibalistic and eat you!"

Hunter also stopped walking and turned to look at me. "I'm not tricking you; I promise. So, you can turn off your violent threats towards me now." He said while smiling in amusement.

"Okay. Fine. But the threat remains. I'm warning you in advance." I looked at him pointedly.

"Message received loud and clear." He grinned.

We then reached Emily's desk and stood in front of it. I made my final prayers to like every supernatural being there is to exist just so there would be food here.

The desk had three drawers horizontally and two cupboards on each side. Hunter opened each drawer and checked thoroughly but only disappointment came out of it.

Then, he opened the cupboard on the left and searched for any sign of food, but it was to no avail. I sighed frustratedly as I only felt my hunger increasing, making me feel weaker as moments passed.

After closing the left cupboard, Hunter moved on to the one on the right and opened it. Suddenly, his eyes widened as a relieved smile grew on his cheeks. I immediately knew what that meant.

I quickly went over to his side and scanned the contents of the right cupboard. Oh, thank all the beings in the world because there was a freaking packet of Two Bite Brownies! I took the packet in my hands and was about to rip it open when Hunter stopped me.

"Wait! Let's check the expiry date first."

That probably is the wise and healthy thing to do.

Hunter took the packet from me and examined the packet with his analyzing gaze while I took this chance to examine him. I could see him clearly now that the natural light was shining on him through the circular window.

I haven't looked at him properly in three whole months. I always avoided his presence in school and went out of my way to make sure that I'd never bump into him accidentally or something.

So, now that I'm taking a clear look at him, I can't deny the fact that he still looks glorious. Especially since the natural light shining on him is making him glow beautifully.

It was just like that day in the library where we were reading our own books and I got distracted by him and blatantly stared at him. Those were simpler times. Unlike now where we were literally hunting for food in a low ventilated library.