15 | now

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Present day

Noble Creek High,Senior year,Present day

As I walked away, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I couldn't bring myself to feel anymore. I didn't want to feel anymore. Exhaustion took over my entire body as I felt the last bit of energy I had in me leaving faster than ever.

All I wanted was to get out of here. I wanted to go home to my bed. I wanted to feel the comfort of my mattress and the coziness of my pillow. I wanted to close my eyes and let sleep take over me so desperately.

I walked back to the same aisle I was at earlier and sat down on the floor with my back resting on the wall. I crossed my legs—Indian style—as I rested the back of my head against the wall and just stared ahead with no thoughts floating inside my wretched head.

Sooner or later, I felt the heaviness in my eyelids, and I didn't even bother fighting it as I let the much-needed sleep take over me fully and bring me to dreamland. Or wherever my subconscious mind decides to take me. I just hope it's not back to that awful day that never leaves me even when I desperately want it to.

After what felt like hours, I finally started to regain consciousness. As I was in the midst of waking up ever so slowly, I felt something against the side of my face. Something muscly yet comfy. Something that felt nice and warm. Something I was familiar with.

That can't be right.

I slowly opened my eyes and took in the view, reminding myself where I was and what situation I was in. It seems like I'm still stuck in the library. With my ex-boyfriend. I almost thought that it was just a nightmare that I was having like how I have every other day. But turns out, I am living my nightmare. And it doesn't seem to freaking end.

My brain finally started to process everything. Including the fact that I was sleeping on something. I immediately moved my head away from that something and felt my eyes widening.

How the hell did I end up sleeping on Hunter's shoulder?

Hunter was wide awake and looking a little embarrassed. "Hey."

"Hi," I said rather awkwardly.

"You're probably wondering how this happened." He then scratched the back of his neck as if he was nervous to continue. "I came to check on you because you didn't look too well earlier. So, when I came here, I saw that you were asleep. And you were about to fall and hit your head on the shelf."

My cheeks flushed as I felt the humiliation spreading through my skin. Hunter saw me sleeping in my total unglamorous state. Damn it! This nightmare keeps getting worse.

"But don't worry because I stopped you from falling and that's how we ended up like this. Sorry if I crossed a line or something." He said sincerely.

That was actually kind of nice of him. Especially considering the fact that I practically said some harsh things to him earlier on.