| epilogue |

After Graduation,
Day 12

After Graduation,Day 12

"What an ending."

"I know right! I told you this book was amazing. I'm still not over it. It's just that mind exploding." I said while admiring the ravishing hardcover of A Good Girl's Guide To Murder that was currently in Hunter's hands.

"It's about time you recommended books to me. And I have to say, you learned well. I'm proud of you." said Hunter as his left shoulder leaned against the blue and green mixed bookshelf at Nighty Night.

"I guess I can say it's Hera Hawkins at your service," I said cheekily.

"I would actually love that." Hunter winked causing me to blush a little.

Just then, I felt a vibration from the back pocket of my jeans indicating that I got a text from whom I'm guessing is Nina Preston. Taking out my phone, I confirmed that my guess was indeed right.

"Oh gosh, they're all already there. We better get going if we want to avoid the Dana couple's constant calls to our poor phones."

Yes, I invented an awesome ship name for my favorite couple in existence, Nina and Dare. Yes, I am proud of that.

"Yeah, alright. Let me go buy this book, inform Ray we're going, and then we shall bounce. Be right back." Hunter gave a peck to my lips before walking off to the cashier.

"You guys are going to make me puke one day." said a voice from behind me, giving me a little scare.

"Oh hey, Rudy." I gave a fist bump to him as I usually do. "Were you spying on us? Because if you did, that would be sort of creepy."

"You wish." He said making me chuckle. "I was arranging some books over there and I thought I should come here and tell you that you're invited to the wedding. I am going to send you an E-invitation but it's always nice to invite someone face to face."

"Oh my God, Rudy, congrats!" I said and pulled him in for an embrace immediately. "Gosh, I'm so happy for you and Maddy. You guys are just meant for each other."

"It does feel like it." Rudy smiled. "You know, I never got to thank you for introducing Maddy to me. Even though it was unintentional, I'm really grateful to you. I got to meet the most amazing woman on the planet—after my mother, of course—and that is because of you. So, thank you, Hera."

"No, don't thank me. You guys are fated, and I just happened to play a minor role in your first meet. I really didn't do much."

"Well, nevertheless, I'm still thanking you. For Maddy and for making my brother happy."

That statement of his caused me to go still. After Hunter and I got back together, it took me a while to reconnect with his family mainly because I felt guilty that I didn't trust him and I was really scared that his family hates me. Even though Ray, Rudy, and Emma treated me the same as before, there was always that lingering doubt in my head. Plus, my mind just loves to mess with me so I was never really assured. But right now, I think I can sigh in relief.