23 | now

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Present day

"Really? You know how to get us out of here?" I asked as hope filled my chest

"It's a possibility. Come on, follow me." Hunter said and began walking away.

I quickly followed his footsteps which walked down the stairs, passed the many bookshelves, and led us to what I know as Emily's office.

How the hell did I forget that this part of the library existed? Oh wait, I do know why. It was because I forced myself to forget about the day Hunter lied to my face with three words I came to loathe. And he just so happened to lie to me in here. He had the fucking audacity to lie straight to my face in this very place.

But I'm not going to make a fuss out of it. Because if Hunter actually manages to find a way out of here, I can happily wave goodbye to him and never see his face again. So, I have to tolerate him for just a little more.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked the moment we entered the office.

"Emily might have a landline telephone in here. I feel like I have seen it before. So, we can use that and call the police, I guess."

"Oh, where did you see it?"

He sighed. "I don't really remember. We can just search for it. Also, there might just be more food in here if we were lucky enough."

"If we were lucky, we wouldn't have got locked in the library at all." I deadpanned.

"Touché."

"Hold on. Why didn't you think of coming in here way earlier?" I crossed my arms.

"I forgot." He said as he awkwardly scratched his temple.

I squinted my eyes at him. "Right."

"Hey, I'm only human and humans tend to forget things. So, now I'll go and start my search in this room. You go wherever you want." He said and went inside a room that was labeled 'Admin Records'.

I snorted and shook my head at Hunter simply because I don't believe him. He must've remembered this place seeing as how he has come in here like a hundred times. He has lied to my face before. Who's to say he isn't lying now?

Sighing, I walked towards an unlabelled door and decided that I would start my search there. There was a high chance I wasn't going to find any phone in there so I'm hoping there's at least food somewhere around here.

I opened the door to the room without a label and I wish I hadn't. Because it was the very room where Hunter and I said the three words to each other for the very first time. It was the very room where I shared such a pleasant and fond memory with him that I wish it didn't exist.