Chapter 13: Lesson One

I walked into the living room and gulped as I noticed the only seat was next to Jason. As I sat down, he ever so casually slung his arm over my shoulders. I heard a low growl on my right so I looked to see the source.

Man, if looks could kill. Kane had the most murderous look on his face I have ever seen before. He looked as if he would slaughter Jason at any moment now. While Kane was committing murder in his mind, Jason had a smug smirk on his face.

I cleared my throat awkwardly at the silence that engulfed the room and shifted uncomfortably. Kane's harsh gaze snapped over to me and his eyes softened.

Why was Kane jealous anyways? He doesn't even remember me anyways. I guess I'll never know.

"That's a pretty necklace, Ana," Kane commented. I glanced at my dream catcher necklace and smiled at the memory that came with it.

"Where'd you get it?" he asked curiously, snapping me out of my trance. As those words left his mouth, an idea struck me like a punch in the gut.

"You know how you called me your therapist, I help you remember?" I asked. "I remember it like it was two hours ago," he answered while "looking of into the distance." "That's probably because it was," he laughed.

I giggled and said, "Well, time for lesson one." Kane raised his eyebrows as I stood up, took his hand, and began to lead him to the door.

"Wait!" Sabrina called. "Where are you going?" "Don't worry!" I responded. "We'll be back for dinner!"

The two of us hopped into Kane's car, me on the drivers' side and him on the passengers', and took off.
* * *
"We have arrived at our destination," I said in my best Siri voice. Kane chuckled as we stepped out of his car.

"Where are we?" Kane asked. "You'll see," I answered mysteriously. The both of us walked the path we always took to our little hideout.

"It seems familiar," Kane muttered. I nodded with a smile. As soon as we reached the pond, I headed over to the compartment in the tree while Kane stood by watching me curiously.

I laid the picnic basket on the ground in front of the pond and gestured for Kane to sit. He did as told and sat down smack dab in the middle of the blanket and sat down criss-cross applesauce like a preschooler at story time.

I tossed him a bag of cheesy Ruffles which he caught no problem. As I took out the silver dog bowl, he asked, "What's that for?" I didn't answer him.

Then, I took out the puppy chow and poured the brown pellets into the silver dish and listening to it clatter throughout the area. I shuffled over to Kane who was eating chips and waited patiently beside him.

I smiled as I heard the pitter-patter of paws against the soft, green grass. My grin grew wider as I heard Kane whisper, "Snickers..."

Snickers gave us his signature doggy smile before diving into his bowl of puppy chow, his tongue flopping all over the place.

"So you remember him?" I asked Kane. Kane nodded ever so slightly. "Barely." I guess I am his "therapist."

Kane's chocolate eyes met mine and I took his hand. He adverted his gaze to our hands before looking back up. I moved his hand to my necklace and held his gaze.

"Now, try to remember where the necklace came from," I told him.

His eyes left mine to stare at the dream catcher, deep in thought.