Chapter Three

~ Cover designed by me 😊 ~

"Hello, welcome to Starbucks. How may I help you today?" asks the lady behind the counter.

"Hi, I'll take the Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino, and..." I trail off looking at all the other goodies. "Could I please have a piece of the cheesecake," I ask her kindly.

"Of course sweetie. Just take a seat somewhere and we'll bring it right over," she tells me writing down my order. I thank her, turning around and looking at all the empty seats. I pick a seat in the back corner by the window, sliding into the booth. I really would have thought that she would ask why I'm not at school, but then again there isn't a uniform so. I open the white bag I got from the pharmacy, and open the white tube.

"I hope this helps the sunburn," I mumble under my breathe as I begin pouring it on my sore arms.

"You look like a white clown or something," a voice pipes up in front of me. I was so busy with the sunscreen stuff that I hadn't noticed someone slide in the seat in front of me.

"Piss off," I tell him for the third time today.

"Are you always this..." he trails off thinking of the right word.

"Bitchy?" I say for him, I nod my head.

"I was going to say hot tempered actually," he said sitting back in his seat.

"Sure you were," I say nodding my head, smiling. I lean back as he leans forward and rests his hands on the table.

"No really, I was going to say that," he continues firmly, I just grin. "You don't believe me, do you?" he asks me. I shake my head, laughing quietly.

"Here's your cheesecake, and your drink," the lady says placing them in front of me. "And here's your drink as well handsome," she says placing the drink in front of him.

"Thanks Wendy," he says giving the elderly lady a smile.

"Who's this good looking darling?" she asks him, he looks over at me. I wait, and then I realise we don't even know each other's name.

"I'm Aurora," I tell her smiling as she shakes my hand. I notice the guy was closely watching me, a smile on his face.

"Look after this one my boy, she's a keeper," she states winking at me as she leaves.

"Uh..." I say, trying to process what just happened.

"That's my great aunt, Wendy," he informs me taking a sip of his drink. "She's a little, romantic kinda thing," he adds on as an after thought.

"So," I say after taking a few sips of my drink. "You know my name, but I don't know yours," I tell him. Interested in knowing what his name actually was.

"Aurora," he says quietly, testing my name. I actually loved the way it sounded coming from his lips, and now I really needed to get away from him. I quickly stand up, finishing my drink.

"I'm sorry, I have to get going but it was uh.. nice meeting you again..." I tell him quickly as I grab the white bag underneath the table.

"Did I say something wrong?" he asks me, also standing up and watching me.

"Oh uh no," I tell him but I'm thinking yes, yes you did, my name on your lips are making me crazy. "Bye," I tell him as I quickly rush away towards the door.

"It's Chase," he yells, catching my attention again. I spin around and look at him, my head tilted to one side slightly. What was he talking about? He must see my confused look. "My name Aurora," he says laughing. "My names Chase."

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

I decided that I was better off staying as far away from home as possible, so I drive around for a bit. I finally spy a little park off to the side, there weren't many people around. I pull into the first available space I find, and hop out. I plug my headphones in my ears, and turn the music up as I take a seat on the swing. I swing back and fourth slowly, watching the people and kids walk by and play. I spy a little girl on the slide, I'm guessing her father was the guy standing at the bottom, his arms out to catch her.

"Wish my life was still like that," huffs a voice beside me. I turn my head, looking to see a girl around my age, on the swings beside me. She has blonde long wavy hair, with a few added highlights, her big blue eyes stood out against her pale skin. She was wearing a pair of old, ripped jeans and a plain black t-shirt. She seemed pretty cool and friendly.

"Same here," I say quietly, casting my eyes away from the happy family.

"Your dad leave you too?" she asks me, glancing my way.

"In more words then less, yeah," I tell her quietly.

"Yeah mine too," she says glancing at the happy family again. "My names Summer by the way," she adds shaking my hand.

"Aurora," I say, she grins.

"Aura?" she tries to say my name.

"Au-ro-ra," I say breaking it down for her.

"Aurora," she tries again. I smile as I nod my head. "It's a unique name, but I'm liking it," she tells me. "Much better than mine," she adds.

"Summer suits you, your blonde hair and blue eyes," I tell her. "Although Summer doesn't exactly suit your personality," I point out. She seemed like someone who broke rules, crashed parties, swear, and someone with a bit of an attitude and I've only known her for a few minutes.

"I would say Aurora suits you, but I have no fucken idea what it means," she states frowning slightly.

"You and me both," I say and we both start laughing.

"You seem like a cool chick Aurora," she says smiling at me, I smile.

"I was thinking the same about you," I tell her grinning as I start to swing again. We swing together in silence, happily enjoying each other's company.

"Aren't you two meant to be in school?" asks the father we had seen earlier as he walks past us with his daughter in his arms. I look over at Summer, who looks at me.

"Nah!" we say together, laughing.
_______________________________________________________
I'm sorry about the short chapter, I'm writing this in the car as I write hehe 😜 My family decided to take us all out motorbike riding, I had great fun if you're wondering 😄 anyway, what did you guys think of the chapter? What do you think of Chase? And Summer? Well I hope you guys enjoyed. Don't forget to leave a comment, I love reading all your supportive comments so thank you all 😃 and to make it up to you all, I'll also post chapter four a little later today for you's.
Comment. Follow. Vote.
Amy xxx