Twenty-Four

~ Cover designed by Ari_forev {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"I'm still hungry!" complains Chase as we exit the movies.

"Even after all that popcorn?" I ask him in disbelief. Chase grins as he nods his head. I had to admit, I was still a little hungry. Popcorn could only fill you up so much.

"Do you like fish and chips?" Chase asks me as I throw away the box in the bin on our way out. I hadn't had fish and chips in ages.

"Ooh yes!" I say grinning as we turn onto the corner street.

"My parents used to take me here all the time," Chase says quietly as we round the corner. I look to my left to see the gorgeous clear blue water, you could hear the waves lapping. I could just count five boats out to sea, a little red one was going out.

"Used to?" I say, glancing at him. Chase looks down at his shoes as we continue to walk.

"Yes darling, I'll be back in five. I love you two," I hear an older gentlemen say. I watch as he picks up his daughter and puts away his phone. "Good day kids," he says smiling as we walk pass.

"Oh hi Mr. Price, is this little Megan?" asks Chase smiling as he shakes the mans hand. I stand back as I watch the two talk like old mates.

"Megan, say hi to Chase sweetie. You remember him don't you, he used to give you a bit of his ice-cream when you were little," Mr Price says to his daughter. Megan was pretty cute, auburn piggy tails, big brown eyes and a cute little button nose.

"Hi!" she says shyly, smiling at Chase.

"Wow, you've sure grown. It must have been the ice-cream," jokes Chase as Megan laughs.

"I am six now Chase," she says smartly, as she crosses her arms. "And I bet I'm as tall as you now," she adds grinning. Mr Price laughs as he shakes his head in amusement, I smile.

"Not quite yet," Chase says ruffling her hair up, she glares up at him.

"Chase!" she whines as she tries to fix her hair.

"Who's this young lady?" asks Mr Price spying me behind Chase.

"Oh hi," I say stepping away from Chase. "I'm Aurora, I'm Chase's uh.." I was going to say friend but we were dating, right? Well this is awkward.

"Ooh! I like your name," Megan says smiling up at me.

"Thanks, your name is cute," I tell her smiling. Megan grins as she grabs my arm, pulling me down to a kneeling position. Chase and Mr Price glance at us, but continue talking. I freeze as Megan leans in close to me and whispers quietly in my ear.

"Are you and Chase a couple?" I pull back and glance at the young girl, her eyes twinkling. I blink, what do I say to her? Yes we are kind of a couple, no we're just friends or friends with benefits. Yeah that last one doesn't sound that great to tell a kid.

"You have to keep it a secret though," I tell her quietly. Megan smiles as she nods her head excitedly.

"Come on darling, mummy's waiting for us back home. Plus we don't want to bother these two youngsters," Mr Price says smiling.

"Youngsters?" Chase says amused, I laugh quietly. We weren't exactly youngsters, Chase was turning eighteen soon I think and I'm eighteen in a few months.

"See you guys later," cries Megan, waving at me. I wave back. I watch as they both walk back down the path, Megan skipping along beside her father.

"What you thinking kitten?" Chase asks breaking my train of thought. I blink, and turn around to see Chase watching me, I shrug.

"It's nothing.." I trail off quietly, walking up towards the fish and chips shop.