Chapter Twenty

~ Cover designed by loveformuffins {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"Mum, I'm home!" I yell at the top of my voice.

"AURORA!" screams Becky loudly. I look around but couldn't see her..yet. I quickly stretch my poor, sore back.. gosh seven hours in a car sure is painful. I then drop my bag and suitcase down on the ground.

"YEE! YOU'RE BACK!" screams Becky just as she launches herself into my back. I wasn't expecting it, and since I was bent over, we both tumble onto the ground, Becky lands on top of me.

"Ow!" I mumble quietly, now my back and butt hurt.

"Well at least I got a soft landing," comments Becky grinning cheekily. I smile up at her.

"Did you miss me at least?" I ask her as I start to tickle her off me so I could get up.

"S-stop tha-at A-AURORA!" she squeals giggling as she try's to escape my tickling fingers.

"I'll stop if you tell me that you missed me," I tell her laughing. Her long blonde hair was all a mess from me tickling her and her eyes were bright and sparkling.

"O-ok. I m-missed yo-ou a l-lot," she cries loudly in front of me. I remove my hands back and grin at my sister, who's now laughing so hard that she's back on the floor holding her stomach.

"I know I'm funny," I admit. "But I'm not that funny."

"Oh but this is," cries a voice behind me just as someone grabs my from behind, wrapping an arm around me and using their other hand to tickle me. I scream as I try to get out of their embrace, but I end up chocking as I begin to laugh hard.

"Got you kitten!" he whispers in my ear as he finally stops the tickles but keeps his hold on me. I look up at chase and give my best glare and unhappy look.

"You could've warned me Becky," I whine at my sister who's still laughing.

"Oh.. but it wouldn't.. have been nearly.. as.. funny," she says in between her laughing fits.

"Haha it was so funny," I say faking a laugh.

"Someone's a little grumpy this evening," mum comments coming out into the hall. My mums blonde hair was up in a loose bun, her eyes were a little dark like she hadn't slept to well and she was wearing her cooking apron.

"Mums been baking all day," complains Becky finally getting up off the floor. I glance at my mum again, my mum wasn't exactly the best cook or baker and she kinda knew it.

"Hi Miss Hayes," Chase says breaking the little awkward silence.

"Oh hi there Chase honey," she says smiling then she glances at his arm that was still around me. "Hey Becky honey, how about you go and show Chase outside, you know the new garden and things," mum says quietly. Becky frowns but nods her head, Chase glances at me and my mum, frowning. I nod my head letting him know I'll be fine, he gives me a small smile and follows Becky outside. I turn follow mum I to the kitchen.

"Wow Becky wasn't kidding mum," I comment looking around the kitchen and dining. The benches and table was covered in baked goods, although they weren't exactly good looking but. The floor and walls were a mess of pink, blue, red icing, sugar, ice-cream. It looked like a unicorn had thrown up a rainbow in here or something.

"Uh yeah, I was in the mood to bake," mum mumbles going back to mixing.

"Are you feeling alright mum?" I ask her softly. I know I should be mad at her for keeping my life secret but seeing her like this, I couldn't.