Twenty-Six

~ Cover designed by @thedeluxehipster {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"Well this looks like a very lovely house," comments my mum as we pull up in front of the Evan's house.

"It's more like a death trap, I think," I mumble under my breathe.
"Aurora!" exclaims mum, turning around in her seat and giving me a sad disappointed look.

"What?" I ask innocently, grabbing my goat and opening the side door. It's weird to think these were our closet neighbours even though they were fifteen minutes down the road.

"Get back in the car Aurora, don't you get out when I'm talking to you," she adds sighing loudly. I turn back around in my seat and face her. "You are quite moody today, aren't you?" she states watching me closely. I sigh in annoyance and cross my arms, staring at her.

"No I am not fricken moody," I say angrily. To be honest, I knew I was being stupid and rude to her but I just wanted to be home with my bed, not here. "I'm just going to be on my death bed early."

"AURORA!" mum yells this time. "Where has my well mannered, young lady gone?" she exclaims in shock.

"That part of me is long gone mum," I remind her, she sighs, bringing her hands up to massage her forehead.

"Just... please behave and be nice this evening, will you honey?" she asks desperately.

"Fine, I'll play nice this evening," I say quietly, this time opening the door and getting out.

"Do I look alright?" mum asks once she's also gotten out, she fixes up her yellow sundress, and starts to fix her hair using the car mirror for help.

"Mu..." I start to say but I trail off when I hear a door open and close with a loud bang.

"Oh darling, they're here!" cries the lady rushing towards us. I blink as my eyes try to adjust to all the red, this lady was red. Well her skin wasn't red, but her dress, shoes and lipstick were bright red, maybe she was the Devils wife. Oh wait, she is, silly me. Beside the lady in red, was a tall man I had seen before, dark hair, medium built. Chase's dad, the devil himself was standing a few steps away from me.

"Oh hi there Meg," my mum says smiling as she hugs the other lady. Since when were they bffs, I thought mum said she had saw her a few days ago or something.

"And this must be your daughter, hi there sweetie," Meg says smiling as she comes in for a hug. My eyes widen as I take a step back, looking around for somewhere to hide. I hate hugs, seriously hate hugging people, more so when they're strangers.

"I.. I..."

"Mum I think the dinners burning," a voice yells across the yard. I watch in relief as the women in front of me slowly lowers her arms, looking slightly shocked as she turns and runs back up the path in her high heels. It was kinda funny actually, although I didn't laugh out loud.

"Come on inside then," Chase's dad says gruffly turning around and up the path too.

"See, they're very nice people," mum whispers to me as we follow behind. "No need to worry, kiddo." It's not them I'm worried about, it's the guy who was leaning up against the brick wall beside the door. He was my problem, my worry, I gulp as I follow close,y behind mum. I was hoping to just follow my mum right inside the door, but I guess God had other plans for me.

I was nearly inside the mansion, I could feel the aircon hitting my face with fresh, cold air. I could see the whiteness of the place, it was very white but most of all, inside I would be safe from talking to him, at least for the time being. I lift my head high as I walk past him, not sparing him a glance, I could feel my heart rate jumping, leave me alone, leave me alone I chant silently.