Chapter Five

~ Cover designed by me 😊 ~

"Mum, I'm home," I say in a sing-song voice, closing the door behind me. Wait, hang on. I turn back around and look at the new door that was already latched on, wow that was quick.

"Someone sounds like they're in a happy mood this afternoon," mum voices from behind me. I spin around and smile at her.

"I guess I am," I say more to myself then mum. I wonder why I was so hyper and happy. After my busy and exciting morning, the rest of the day went pretty slow, classes were boring but that's school.

"Something must have happened, did you meet a guy?" she asks clapping her hands together and sighing. "Aww my baby has meet a guy," she awes, going all sappy on me. I laugh as I drop my bag by the door, I'll fetch it later.

"Do we have any food?" I ask her, walking into the kitchen, I was hungry. The school food wasn't very appetising so I skipped food, and brought a drink.

"I brought some donuts this morning, they're on counter," mum says rushing after me and taking a seat. I sniff the yummy donuts, and take one. The whole time my mum was smiling at me. "Mum..." I shallow my piece of donut. "You're scaring me," I tell her.

"I'm sorry honey but I really wanna know who this guy is?" she presses for information. I sigh as I finish my donut and take another one, don't judge me. My mum looks at me worriedly.

"Did you buy lunch today?" she asks, watching me eat my second donut. I shake my head.

"You'll get food poisoning," I say shrugging. I stare at the last donut, I reach out for it buy mum slaps my hand away.

"Leave that last one for your sister Aurora. Now come on, spill honey," she says taking my arms and dragging me over to the seat beside her.

"Ok fine," I say putting my hands up. "I meet this guy..." mum does the girlest scream ever.

"OMG!" she cries jumping up and down in her seat. I roll my eyes, now you know why I don't like being seen out with her in public. Don't get me wrong, I really do love my mum but sometimes she was just to... crazy.

"Mum, calm down," I tell her but I couldn't help the smile that slipped onto my face. I watch as my mum fans herself, trying to calm down, finally she sits back down.

"I'm sorry, continue on honey," she tells me excitedly.

"As I was say.. I did meet this guy..."

"Ah!" mum says again excitedly.

"Mum!" I groan, rubbing my eyes.

"Ops I'm sorry," she says placing her hands on her mouth.

"As I've been trying to say.." I cast her an evil glare, in which she innocently shrugs. "Yes I've meet this guy, his name is Chase but we're not together or anything," I tell her.

"Why not honey?" she cries removing her hands from her mouth and looking at me in surprise. I huff.

"Mum he's annoying for starters," I say thinking of all the times he's annoyed me in the short time we've meet. "I admit he's pretty hot but nothing's going to happen," I tell her firmly. And I'll make sure nothing happens, the last time I had a boyfriend was in year nine and let's say it's why I'm now a bitch and a player myself.

"Hmm whatever you say honey," mum says winking at me.

"NOTHING is gonna happen," I tell her.

"Hmm hmm," she says nodding her head at me.

"Ugh mum," I say annoyed. "I have homework to do, so you'll be lucky if you see me tonight," I say her as I get up. I walk out to the door and pick up my bag.