Thirty-Two

~ Gifspam designed by @obsessions- {Thanks so much} 😊

"Someone looks grumpy this morning," my mum comments as I walk into the kitchen the next morning.

"You can tell from me just entering the room?" I doubt, frowning as I check the cardboard for food. My mother stops cutting the fruit, folding her arms as she watches me.

"Call it a mothers instinct," she replies.

"Whatev!"I mumble, finally finding what I was looking for.

"Don't say whatev Aurora, and please put those away, they're your sister's," she states as she goes back to cutting. I sigh as I look down at the cookies in my hands, they look so good though!

"What's mine?" asks Becky, also coming into the room, still dressed in her pajamas. I hold up the cookies, that were calling my name.

"Oh Becky sweetie, you're finally up!" exclaims mum, finally finished with the fruit chopping. "Have you decided upon who you'd like to invite over next weekend?"

I place the cookies back on the shelf, but not before I grab one and shove it in my mouth. Yum!

"Oh yes, I have a list here with me," she says excitedly. I make my way over to sit beside Becky on the stool, as I do so, I glance down at the list of people.

Lily, Sam, Katie, Phoebe, Peter, Chase, Quinn... Wait Chase?

"Chase? there's no Chase in your class darling," mum frowns, also browsing through the list. Becky laughs, like it's the funniest thing she's ever heard.

"No silly! Aurora's Chase," she says turning and smiling at me. I blink, and blink again. Becky's smile slowly disappears as she see's that I'm not smiling with her. My mum notices as well.

"Isn't that nice of Becky to invite him over for her birthday, you can even ask him the next time you see him," she says. I was still staring at the pale pink paper, and the rushed written 'Chase'. Something overcomes me, and I quickly get up, heading for the kitchen door that leads out to the front.

"Aurora! Where are you going?" mum calls after me, a little shocked at my quick moving. I quickly grab the jumper that was hanging on the door, I throw it on me, before opening the door.

"I remembered I have to do something," I say, once I've found my voice again.

"But it's only six-thirty honey?" mum says, casting me a strange look. I shrug as I walk out quickly, on the way out, I hear Becky.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh no sweetie, Aurora's just in a strange mood.."

I feel like screaming, but I don't because it's still semi dark out here and the neighbors will probably murder me. Why can't it be easy to get over Chase? It's like everything I do revolves around him. I shove my hands in the pockets of the warm jumper, the wind slapping against my cheeks. I decide to just let my mind run free, and to let my feet lead me to wherever.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

"Aurora!" I stir as I hear something in the distance.

"What" I mumble, still half-asleep. Why was someone calling my name, couldn't they let me sleep a little longer.

"Aurora!" the voice says again, a hint of amusement evident in their voice.

"Five more minutes mum," I mumble, waving my hand lazily.

"Petals!" hearing that, jolts me wide-awake. I open my eyes to see a shadow of someone leaning over me, gosh why was it so bright in my room.

"What.. what's going on?" I mumble, glancing around me. I was sitting in a deck chair on a porch, and in front of me were trees.