Chapter Six

~ Cover designed by me 😊 ~

"Is that how you always greet me?" asks an amused voice.

"Chase?" I say shocked, surprised to see him at my door.

"Are you just going to stand there Kitten or are you going to grab your bag?" he asks smirking. My head snaps up when I hear him call me kitten.

"Don't call me a fricken kitten," I yell at him still mad about my leg.

"But that's what you are.. I was thinking about it on the way over," he tells me. I watch as his smirk widens, and he walks past me and into the hall.

"Ok one, that's weird and two, I didn't invite you in dickhead," I sigh as I close the door.

"Oh but we both know you wanted to," he teases me. I swear my jaw just hit the floor.

"You're an arse," I tell him as I hold the wall for support.

"And you're making out with a wall," he states, raising his eyebrow at me. I give him my evil eye.

"Fuck off," I tell him angrily. Then I wonder why he's even here and how he even knew where I live. "Who invited you here anyway?" I ask him wearily.

"Your mum did actually," he tells me, looking around the place. "You really live here?" he asks frowning. "It's... nice," he lies.

"Tell me about it," I sigh. So Chase must have been the guy mum saw this morning that lives close by, I sure hope he didn't tell her his name. Oh no, what if he did. I hop over to him, and place my hands on his shoulder. Chase gives me a look that pretty much says what-the-fuck.

"Ugh.. Aurora?" he says clearly uncomfortable with me standing right in front of him.

"Tell me you didn't tell my mum your name," I beg him. He raises his eyebrow, clearly a little confused by my words but then he smirks.

"I get it, you were talking about me to your mum. That's sweet kitten," he says smiling. He brings his hand up and gently pats my cheek. I freeze not knowing what to do or how to respond. I shake my head to clear away the foggy ness, then I glare up at him.

"Stop calling me kitten," I tell him, jabbing my finger to his stomach.

"Never," he says winking down at me. "Now come along or we'll be late," he calls after him as he picks my bag up off the floor.

"I uh... c-can't," I mumble quietly, Chase sends me a confused look.

"What?" he asks me, sliding my bag onto his shoulder and walking back over to me. "Oh yeah that's right..." he trails off stopping beside me. I glance at him wearily, as he holds his arm out for me. I stare at his jacket covered arm, and then glance up at his amused face and his chocolate brown eyes which held a hint of gold flecks. "You're meant to take my arm kitten," he says laughing. I mentally whack myself for being so stupid. I take his outstretched hand, and balance my wight on him.

"Thanks," I mumble quietly, as Chase opens the door and walks to his vehicle, me hobbling beside him. When I see the vehicle we were going to drive, I screamed.

"What's wrong," asks Chase stopping and looking down at me. I point at his ride.

"It's.. its a Dodge Challenger, and I'm guessing it's a 2011 model," I say letting go off his arm and hopping over for a closer look.

"Lucky guess," he says shrugging, I shake my head.

"I know my vehicles Chase," I tell him glancing at the nice looking car in front of me.