continuously indecisive

If there was one thing Richelle hated more than keeping secrets from Harper, it was keeping secrets about the boy who broke her heart. As the whole troupe and some of Michelle's dancers watched the chosen five dancers rehearse their Leon Blackwood choreography, Richelle's eyes continued to drift to Harper who was sat on a bench in front of her, then up to Noah and Jacquie who had been picked as the featured dancers because they had 'chemistry'. What Noah had told her a few days ago was eating away at her and she didn't know how much longer she would be able to keep it in.

Harper on the other hand was not suspicious in the slightest. She hadn't the faintest idea what Noah told Richelle and she didn't really care. It was difficult for the blonde to keep it a secret but she knew she had to for Harper's sake. Noah still had not managed to figure out his feelings and he was stuck between Jacquie and Harper.

"Alright, y'all ready to perform?" Leon asked causing everyone in the room to cheer them on. Harper was not disappointed she didn't get picked for the dance because she wasn't particularly good at hip hop and the last thing she needed was to be put on the spot in front of everyone. As she watched Noah dance, a fond smile traced her lips as memories of watching him dance filtered through her mind. Her reminiscence was slightly dampened when he and Jacquie started their small duet within the dance as it was very romantic and showcase their chemistry. Harper admittedly did feel a little jealous, she obviously still had some feeling for Noah deep down, although she would never admit that to him or anyone for that matter.

The whole room applauded the five dancers and just after Leon had left, Richelle and Harper went to congratulate Lola for doing so well.

"Lola you were amazing! I could never do hip hop like that." Harper gushed to her new friend who had clicked so well with both of them. They had become quite the trio once Richelle finally saw that Lola was only looking for friendship. Before either one could say anything more, both Lola and Richelle's expressions turned rather awkward as they looked at something, or rather someone, who was standing behind Harper. The blonde turned around to see a sheepish looking Michelle standing in front of her looking like she had something to explain.

"We'll see you later Harps." Richelle said encouragingly as she gave her best friend a soothing smile while dragging Lola away from the two sisters. Harper turned again to face Michelle with a distasteful expression on her face and she looked like she would rather be talking to anyone other than her sister.

"Harper can we please talk?" Michelle asked desperately as more and more people began to file out of the studio. The only people still in there were the pair of sisters, Emily and Noah who had been talking in her office. Harper rolled her eyes at Michelle but the blonde wasn't going to give up that easily. "I'm sorry for betraying you and starting my own studio, you know how much I hate to put myself in competition against you but those dancers deserved to go to regionals."

"Emily did cut some amazing dancers, but that happens at every audition. Not everyone is always gonna make it and when I finally did, you decided to go ahead and start your own studio. Do you even realise how hard I've worked to get here? Do you realise how many hours I've put in? You can apologise all you want Michelle but it's not going to change what you did." Harper spoke in a firm tone with no hint of forgiveness in her words. Michelle didn't blame her for being angry, but she thought they would at least be on speaking terms by that point.

"I just wanted to-"

"Michelle I don't wanna hear it. Just leave." The girl repeated herself with a slightly more raised voice as she noticed Emily peer out through the window. The studio head looked concerned for her dancer but decided not to intervene. It was never a good choice to get between two sister in a fight, Emily knew that from experience. When Michelle didn't budge, something struck a nerve inside Harper, "Get out!" she snapped at her sister who flinched in response but finally obeyed her wishes and left for studio A.

Harper could not believe how bad things had gotten between herself and Michelle. A year ago they were closer than words could describe, they were more like best friends than sisters. A lot had changed since then. Harper let out a sigh she had been holding in as she went to leave the studio but a voice held her back.

"Harper!" Noah called as he jogged out of Emily's office to catch the girl before she could leave. The blonde turned to face him with an exasperated look on her face.

"Not now Noah." She told him in a small voice looking like she was on the verge of a breakdown at any minute. Noah wasn't sure whether he should push it with her, but he needed to talk to her. Richelle didn't know what she was talking about.

"I really need to tell you something." He said making the girl turn around and face him, but she didn't have time to talk. And she most definitely was not in the mood.

"I just wanna be alone right now, I'll talk to you later." Harper replied as she grabbed her water bottle and was getting closer and closer to the exit. Noah knew it was now or never.

"I like you." He blurted out which seemed like the only thing that would make her listen to him. Harper stopped in her tracks and turned around to see if he was joking. Noah was being deadly serious. Not a hint of amusement or mockery could be found on his face.

"What?" Was all the girl could manage to say in response. She couldn't quite comprehend what she was hearing. "If this is a joke then-"

"It's not a joke." He said as a small smile made its way across his face. Harper wasn't sure if she was dreaming, but she thought pinching herself in front of Noah might make her look a little insane.

"Wh- how can, how can you like me? What about Jacquie?" She stuttered our trying to find the right response but it was difficult when she was so flustered.

"Harper, I like you." Noah confirmed, putting extra emphasis on his words. He wasn't necessarily lying to her because it was true, he liked Harper a lot. At the same time, he did withhold his true feelings about Jacquie which he expected would come back to bite him. Noah just knew that he couldn't go another minute without telling her, but the consequences of doing so were certain to be catastrophic.