dance with me

Noah and Harper made their way to studio A with juices in their hands where the dance-a-thon was in full swing. She always felt slightly sad walking into the studio as Harper never had the chance to dance there as an A Trouper, but studio one was still an amazing place to dance.

"Okay everyone, we're gonna take a quick break." Michelle called out to all the dancers as she noticed the two of them enter with boxes full of juices. They thought they might as well help out as much as possible because at the end of the day, they were all friends.

Noah excused himself to go and talk to Henry as the two of them had fallen out. It was all because of Jacquie, but Noah assumed that because he wasn't going to act on his feelings for her that Henry would forgive him. Harper turned her attention towards her older sister who was making her way over.

"Hey Harper." She greeted with a small smile. Michelle was thrilled that her sister had made the effort to come over and help out at the dance-a-thon despite their family drama.

"Hey." Harper replied in a quiet voice. Things were still very awkward between the two of them, but they figured it was about time they started talking things over. Their dad was getting extremely frustrated at home.

"Thanks for coming, it really means a lot to me that you would help out TNS west." Harper didn't respond, but she smiled appreciatively for her sister's thanks. "I'm really sorry for starting this troupe without talking to you first Harper, and I'm really sorry if it made you feel like I didn't want to dance with you." Michelle blurted out as though she could no longer contain it.

"I get why you did it, they were all such amazing dancers and they all deserve to go to regionals too. I'm sorry for overreacting." Harper also apologised which shocked Michelle as she was known for being very stubborn at times. That was all the two sisters needed to say before it was time to hug it out. Harper was grateful to have her big sister back.

As the break from the dance-a-thon ended, the dancers seemed a little tired and lacking in energy but Michelle had plans in place. Out of nowhere Riley, Eldon, Thalia and James' band all came bursting in and took over the dance floor which seemed to boost everyone's moral. It warmed Harper's heart to see them all again as she had known them since she was a tiny J Trouper.

When Eldon, James, West and all the other guys danced together, it really reminded her of the old days back when they all danced at the studio. She watched Noah as he went over to talk to West when the dance-a-thon continued and didn't notice a fond smile finding its way onto her face. She couldn't seem to look away until a hand on each of her shoulders scared her out of the trance.

"Hey Harpsichord." Came the teasing voice of James as himself and Eldon perched themselves beside her on the bench. The girl inwardly cringed at the nickname but brushed it off anyway.

"Hi guys, what's up?" She asked as she watched the two of them exchange a devilish glance.

"Oh nothing much, we were just admiring you admiring Noah." Eldon told her as he patted the girl on the shoulder while James chuckled watching her face turn red. Harper had known the two of them since she was twelve, James was a close friend of Michelle's and spent a lot of time with the girl while she was on J Troupe while Eldon dated her sister so he was always at her house. They were like two older brothers who really enjoyed teasing her.

"I wasn't admiring him, he's just a good dancer." She defended herself but the crack in her voice gave her away instantly. The two boys gave her a look but she was not willing to give in. "I don't like him."

"So if you don't like him, even though you do, why don't you just give the kid a chance." Eldon reasoned with the girl who seemed to be warming up to the idea. But Harper was a stubborn girl, they should have known that. "He reminds me of a young me." Eldon said proudly making James facepalm, he was so close.

"Exactly. Eldon, you weren't exactly great at relationships were you?" James was glaring daggers at his best friend who had just ruined their entire plan. "It took you dating both Emily and my sister to finally be mature enough to make a relationship last."

"Okay in Eldon's defence, Hunter kinda ruined his relationship with Michelle." Harper rolled her eyes as James tried to bring it back, she still wasn't convinced. "All I'll say is, it took two girls for Eldon until Thalia, a.k.a lucky number three came along." James explained but from the look he was receiving from Harper, she wasn't catching on.

"Noah had Abi, then Amanda and now you. You're lucky number three." Eldon explained exasperatedly as James wiggled his shoulders excitedly. "You're the one that's gonna last."

Harper glanced over to Noah who was watching her with a smile identical to the one she returned before looking away. James and Eldon didn't say anything but they nudged her excitedly on each arm. The three of them hushed as Michelle announced that Heather and Henry had won, and then a huge dance party broke out. James excused himself to go and play the song with the band and ruffled Harper's hair on his way leaving her alone with Eldon.

"Why don't you dance with him?" The blonde suggested in the most serious tone since the conversation had started. Harper didn't understand why everyone was so dead set on her being with Noah. Was it really that important.

"I'm just nervous I guess, what if I'm not lucky number three? What if I'm just another girl to him?" It was evident that the girl had had her heart broken one too many times. Eldon looked at the girl with pitiful eyes as he grasped her hand in his own.

"Come on, let's go dance." When she hesitated, the man looked back at her with a soft smile. "It doesn't have to be with Noah."

The two of them joined the rest of the group who were all dancing together. It was such a great time dancing with all the A Troupers; old, new, east and west. Harper caught Noah's eye as they were all dancing and sent him a quick smile. Things were definitely changing.