fake party shenanigans

The entire team was setting up a huge surprise party for Miss Angela as part of their plan. Richelle had revealed to them all that Miss Angela had the opportunity to become a co-owner of the next step and showing Miss Kate the horrible changes she planned on making to the studio was the only way they they could save it.

Noah and Harper were on poster duty so they had to use the step ladders to stick up the giant picture of Miss Angela's face on the wall. The others were working on making studio A look as tacky as physically possible.

"Are you sure you're okay about what Richelle said yesterday?" Noah asked as he assisted her down from the step ladder. Although it really hurt her, Harper knew Richelle was only saying those things to help out the team.

"Yeah, I know she had to do it to get Lily on her side. It's fine." Noah could tell that Harper wasn't really fine about it and she was only putting on a brave face but before he could add anything else, Lily had rushed in with Richelle hot on her trail.

"What's going on? Take all that down." She demanded as she tried to fix the studio before Miss Kate and her mother returned but it was far too late for that. Kate walked in and looked around the room in confusion and shock, she looked almost disgusted.

"Oh hi Miss Kate, we were just implementing the changes that Miss Angela planned on putting in place when she became a partner." Richelle said smugly as she walked over to the pair of adults and showed her all the photos of the changes Angela was going to make. Harper exchanged an excited glance with Amy who was stood beside her but she knew they couldn't celebrate too soon, it may not have been enough to get Miss Angela fired permanently.

Kate demanded that Angela speak to her inside the office and with a last glare at Richelle and the other dancers, she reluctantly obeyed. Everyone was getting a little antsy as they waited to see what Kate would decide. It almost looked like they were coming to some sort of agreement in there which certainly wasn't a good sign. The troupe ate some cake to pass the time, but Lily instantly squared up to Richelle.

"How could you do this? I thought you were my friend." Lily said to the blonde and Harper couldn't help but feel the tiniest bit sorry for her. It must have been difficult to have a mother as a studio head and constantly having to change studios.

"Lily it's nothing personal." Richelle defended herself as no one really had a problem with the girl, it was her mother the hated.

"You betrayed me."

"You betrayed Piper." Richelle shot back as she took a step closer to Lily. Things were starting to get a little too tense so Ozzy decided he would try and diffuse the situation by offering both girls some cake. "Not now Ozzy."

"No actually I think Richelle could use some cake." Lily said and before anyone could say o do anything to stop her, she had grabbed a piece of cake and shoved it all over Richelle's face. Richelle didn't take the high road but instead she did the exact same thing.

"Food fight!" Finn yelled as if he had been waiting his whole life to yell it and everyone broke out into a huge fight throwing food and cake all over each other. Harper was eager to stay out of it but her plans were ruined when both Noah and Richelle smushed two pieces of cake all over each side of her face. She chased them around slipping and sliding all over the floor until she finally managed to get Noah back by dunking a slice on top of his precious hair. Both Miss Angela and Kate stormed out of the office to see the food fight in full swing and with the most unfortunate timing ever, a piece of cake went flying and hit Angela in the face.

"Who threw that cake? Somebody better step forward now!" She bellowed and awaited someone to own up to their mistake.

Summer walked forward and said it was her fault, but one by one the other dancers all joined her and each owned up to throwing the cake at her. As a team.

"Fine, you can all do planks for the next hour." Angela demanded as she awaited the dancers to get down on the floor, but Kate held her hand up to stop them.

"No, you don't have the right to tell them to do planks because you are no longer the studio head of the next step." Everyone cheered at the news. They had finally done it, Miss Angela was out.

"Fine, but I've already made plans to defeat the next step at regionals so you better be ready. Lily, lets go" she called to her daughter as she swiped a small bit of icing down the middle of Kate's face. Lily timidly walked forward toward the door but glanced back with a distraught expression. Harper felt sorry for her, it wasn't Lily's fault her mom was such a bad studio head. "Lily!" Angela screamed from the hall making everyone flinch slightly and Lily sped up her pace.

"You all need to clean up this mess!" Kate ordered as she looked around at each of them. They could all tell that despite her angry demeanour, she was happy they were so united as a team. Some of them began to stifle laughs as they watched her trying to be serious with a great piece of cake smushed on her nose. "Don't laugh." She told them firmly but she herself was struggling to remain serious.

As the studio head walked back into her office, the dancers all cheered in excitement. Miss Angela was finally gone. As they were clearing up, Amy was the one to kick off the dance party to celebrate their victory. She always had to have the last laugh. It benefited everyone though as they all danced together in celebration, as one united team.