the prom is a coming

The news that Amy was putting on a prom at the next step travelled around the studio super fast, as news always did, and everyone was buzzing for it. Harper in particular was excited because similarly to Henry, she had to miss her prom for rehearsals so this was the only one she would get. She was rehearsing alone in studio one because Acro Nation, the new team who were renting the space, were having the day off for the prom set up. She was still trying to perfect her back layout but managed to fall over when two voices screamed her name from down the hall.

"Harper! Harper!" The loud voices of Kingston and Ozzy projected across the whole room as the rushed inside. She stood up from the mat, which she had fallen onto thanks to the boys scaring her, and approached them.

"What is it?" She asked in an exasperated tone as the boys panted dramatically. The two of them were so silly sometimes but they did make her laugh a lot.

"Richelle and Elliot, we have to do something about it. I know you have to know about it because Richelle tells you everything." Ozzy told her in the most serious tone she had ever heard him speak in. The girl rolled her eyes at their dramatics, of course she knew about Richelle and Elliot but she also know that they were happy together.

"Ozzy, I know you have a crush on Richelle but she really likes Elliot and I don't think you-" Kingston silenced the girl by placing a finger to her mouth. Harper slapped his finger away but the two boys went on anyway.

"This isn't about him having a crush on her, it's about saving Richelle from heart break. Elliot's obviously a spy and he's just using her to hurt the studio." Kingston explained but Harper rolled her eyes again. They were being seriously overdramatic about this whole thing.

"Listen guys, Elliot really cares about Richelle. He was the only person besides me who went to visit her in hospital and they really got close there." The two boys listened and Ozzy's mood seemed visibly dampened. Harper hated to be the one to break it to him, but someone had to.

"It's too risky, if you're not going to help us stop them then we will." Ozzy said putting his serious face back on and the pair of goofballs marched out of the studio. Harper only hoped Richelle wouldn't be too hard on them but it was hard to imagine her being tolerant of Ozzy. With a sigh, Harper had a few more attempts at her layout then she folded up the mat and put it away before she made her way to studio A.

In studio A, only about half the team were in there and Richelle had a beaming smile on her face. That could only mean one thing, Elliot asked her to prom. To further reinforce that she turned her attention towards Ozzy who had a bitter expression. Harper did warn him but she couldn't help but feel sorry for the kid. She was going to go and congratulate Richelle but a familiar voice that was singing along to the strumming of a guitar made her turn around. Noah was playing the song for her. The same song that he played on their first date. Everyone applauded him when he had finished playing and Harper couldn't fight the huge smile on her face.

"Harper, will you go to the prom with me?" She actually had no idea that Noah was prom posing to her but when she thought about it, it did make more sense than him just randomly whipping out his guitar.

"Yes of course!" Harper exclaimed as Noah placed his guitar down and engulfed her in an embrace. She kissed him on cheek as the team oohed and some of the boys whistled. Kingston was clearly the most excited out of all of them, even more so than the couple themselves.

"Noarper is happening people!" He fangirled alongside Ozzy and the two of them gushed over Noah and Harper. A look of realisation came over Kingston's face as he realise something. "Wait, I'm not going to the prom! I won't get to see my OTP in action." Harper had no idea what an OTP was but she decided not to ask.

"Don't worry bud, I'll record them and make a best bits compilation." Ozzy said earning himself odd looks from the rest of the team. Harper and Noah especially looked extremely uncomfortable at the idea of having Ozzy follow them around all night with his phone recording them like the paparazzi. "Uh, I'm just kidding." Everyone let out a sigh of relief, but Harper for some reason doubted that he was joking entirely. She brushed it off anyway. With Noah as her date, prom was sure to be amazing anyway.

| | |

a/n: a pretty short chapter there but hopefully it was cute. i hope you all enjoyed and thank you so much for reading i honestly appreciate it more than you could imagine. if you enjoyed feel free to drop a vote or comment it would mean so much to me :)