big decisions take a lot of thought

Rehearsals the following morning had started off with Noah splitting everyone off into groups to practice the ten person dance. Harper was put with Richelle so they could both help Davis learn the dance. Davis was a new addition to A Troupe to replace Amy who also happened to be Jacquie's sister and Harper thought she was a great dancer. She picked up the choreo extremely fast.

"Okay dancers, we have a big announcement." Emily called as herself, Michelle and Noah all wearing equally distressed expressions. Harper had a feeling everyone else was about to find out about Noah's situation. "The rules at regionals this year are a little different. Because Noah just turned eighteen, we would have to compete in the senior advanced division."

"Or we could dance without Noah in the intermediate advanced division." Michelle suggested but there was a sudden uproar from each member of the team. Although she was angry at him, Harper couldn't imagine A Troupe without him and she knew that he was the best dancer, the strongest leader and their best shot at winning regionals no matter what age category they were in.

"I've thought about it a lot and I still can't decide what to do so because it affects you guys the most, we're going to take an anonymous vote. You're all going to get a red marble and a white marble, if you want me to stay then drop the white one but if you think I should go drop a red one. If one person decides for me to go then I will, no hard feelings okay?"

Everyone looked uncertain about the vote but Harper had decided as soon as it was announced. She knew Noah had to stay. He glanced at her before he left but the blonde instantly broke their eye contact. Even though she needed him to stay on the team, she was still upset that he kept it to himself.

The whole team suddenly broke out into debate again once Noah, Michelle and Emily had left. The whole team was divided, some people were dead set on keeping Noah on the team but others weren't so sure.

"Guys at the end of the day, I came to this studio to win regionals. Competing in an older age category lessens that chance." Kenzie argued earning herself a glare from Harper, Richelle and Jacquie who had all decided already that they would vote for Noah to stay. It seemed that others on the team like Kingston and Ozzy were in agreement with her.

"Noah is the best dancer on the team and the best dance captain that the next step's ever had. If you want to get rid of that then go ahead but you're putting us more at risk of losing than competing in a higher age group would." Harper retaliated snappily. It was clearly a touchy subject for her in particular, but she did have a point. Winning regionals without Noah would be near impossible. He was what held everyone together.

"I agree. Noah's my bro, and he's been there for all of us so we have to be there for him now." Henry said as he patted Harper on the shoulder in support. She was glad that a few people on the team were seeing how important Noah was.

"He said bro's will stay bro's. We have to do what's best for the team." Kingston shot back at Henry who looked just as annoyed as Harper was that some people were considering kicking off Noah.

"Look guys, we can do this. We just have to train harder and believe in ourselves." Richelle announced as she sent a smile in her best friend's direction. Harper was thrilled to have Richelle, Jacquie and even Summer on their side as well.

"Train harder? We don't have time for that!" Kingston snapped. Harper understood that he was scared, but so was everyone. Regionals would be much scarier if they attempted it without Noah with them.

Before anyone else could get in a word, Emily and Michelle walked back out from their office. Emily had a jar that was tucked inside a black piece of cloth and Michelle held the bags with the marbles in. Harper didn't even think she needed a red marble but she took one anyway, there was no way that anyone could possibly use it. No one would betray Noah like that.

Nobody spoke as Emily went to place the jar on a table at the front of the room and Michelle handed out the marbles. Harper felt numb, like everything was out of her control. She just had to have faith that the team would believe in themselves and believe in Noah. One by one, each person went to secretly drop in their marbles. Nobody had any idea what anyone else had chosen to do. It was the most nervous moment the team had ever faced so Harper could only imagine how Noah was feeling.

Michelle made her way over to the jar and brought it over for the big reveal. She pulled it out slowly and Harper's hopeful expression fell. Someone on the team had only thought about them self. Someone had voted Noah off.

"Kenzie, why would you vote Noah off the team?" Jacquie accused amongst the rambling of the team as they all played the blame game. To everyone's surprise, the girl held up a red marble which proved it wasn't her who voted Noah off.

"Get your facts straight before you accuse people." She retorted sassily. Harper couldn't even imagine who would do such a thing. Kingston, Ozzy and Kenzie all said it wasn't them so who else could it have been? They were the three most vocal about kicking Noah off.

"Guys, I know this is hard but the vote was secret for a reason. You all have to respect each other's decisions." Emily spoke out in a raised voice to silence the feuding team.

"We should probably go and tell Noah the news." Michelle muttered to her co-studio head as she gave a quick glance to Harper. The blonde hadn't said anything since the vote and Michelle knew why.

Noah had been at the next step since Harper joined and she had never danced there without him. He was the one who always raised her self esteem when she was down, he was the one who cheered her up and was there for her. She didn't know how she would cope without him. Harper waited for Michelle by her older sister's car and was soon joined by said girl.

"Hey Harps." Michelle greeted her sister softly as the two of them got into the car. Harper smiled in response, she was too devastated to even reply. "I know how you must be feeling, but it will be okay. I promise."

"How do you know that Michelle? Noah has been my safety net for as long as I've been here. He's the one I rely on, I can't do it without him. We won't win regionals without him, even in the lower age category." Although Michelle hated you admit it, Harper had a good point. Noah was the one who was always there to help everyone, not to mention he was the strongest dancer by far. Without him, winning regionals would be a challenge that the next step just wasn't ready to face.

| | |

a/n: okay but henry and harper are actually my brotp i can't deal!! also her, richelle and henry defending noah is toooooo cute! also i know richelle is a better dancer than noah in some aspects as briar nolet is PHENOMONAL but for emphasis i've said it's noah. pls don't come for me. thank you so so much for reading and if you enjoyed it then please consider liking and/ or commenting, thank youu :)