xxxiii. A Small Fall

❝sometimes you wake up

sometimes you wake up

sometimes the fall kills you

and sometimes,

when you fall you fly.

neil gaiman

△△△

Kira found herself remembering her time at the Wilderness School.

She had been bestfriends with Leo, Piper, and Jason. They had done everything together. She could still clearly remember the day that she had met Leo.

But, she had different favorite memory with the boy.

It had been the night Piper was going to ask Jason out. She had told Kira everything about their relationship, and tonight they were meeting on the roof of the school. That meant Kira was on her own tonight.

Piper left sometime around 10. Kira had been rushing through her homework, not wanting to make Coach Hedge mad. She could still remember how excited she got when Leo knocked on her door, and snuck into the girl's dorm room.

He had made fun of her for doing homework, and she had told him to shut up. She pushed all of her work on the floor so they could talk on the bed.

They did nothing, but it was best night Kira could ever remember. Leo had just kept making weird machines all night, and Kira watched in amazement until Piper had come back, dazed and blissful.

Kira shook herself out of her daydream as Argo II made it's way to where Annabeth was.

Kira found her way to Leo.

"Hey baby," He told her, steering the ship.

"Hi," She told him, blushing with a cute smile plastered on her face.

The smile was fake. It was the first time Kira had given Leo a fake smile, but she felt nauseous, like something horrible was about to happen.

"I love you," She whispered. Leo grinned widely.

They found Annabeth.

Percy was the first to cry out for her.

"Here!" Annabeth sobbed.

Percy was the first one to her, with the crew following behind.

"Your leg." Piper knelt next to her and examined the Bubble Wrap cast. "Oh, Annabeth, what happened?"

Annabeth explained what had happened.

"Gods of Olympus," Jason said. "You did all that alone. With a broken ankle."

"Well...some of it with a broken ankle."

Percy grinned. "You made Arachne weave her own trap? I knew you were good, but Holy Hera—Annabeth, you did it. Generations of Athena kids tried and failed. You found the Athena Parthenos!"