lxxxvii. Epilogue

❝and the whole world turns away, still; the moon is seen

and the whole world turns away, still; the moon is seen.

seeker

△△△

All good things come to an end.

If love could have saved them, they would be eternal. But life is cruel, and everything fades away at some point.

Kira was the first to leave. She had made Leo promise to not let her watch him die twice, and somehow, the Fates had seen the promise, etching it into life. Just as Kira had been forced to do when she was just fifteen, Leo watched the love of his life slip away.

All good things come to an end.

Leo held her tightly, begging, pleading, screaming for her not to go. Not to leave him. But Kira just smiled, wiping away his tears. She told him not to worry, that they'd be together someday. She told him to be patient, and never to forget.

Artemis had come as Kira took her last breath. She watched as Leo screamed at the gods, to the Fates, anyone that would listen. And, everyone had been listening. There was nothing they could do. But still, Artemis stayed.

She let herself be seen, letting Leo wrap himself around the goddess, still pleading for mercy of his beloved.

Artemis only shook her head. "I cannot bring her back, but I shall make her eternal." She had said.

Leo had glared at the moon goddess. "Eternal?"

"I can put her into the stars," Artemis whispered to the old man, who sat there, broken.

"She loves the stars." Leo had said.

Artemis had just smiled, nodding slowly.

"I go with her."

Leo, poor Leo, had years left of life. Life left without love, but still, life. But Artemis looked at the old man, taking pity. She had stroked his cheek, telling him to close his eyes.

She took away the pain. She took away the life, leaving the two lovers souls almost touching. She leaned over, whispering a spell. Together, the orbs flew into the night sky. The stars in the night sky twinkled as they joined them, sparkling tightly into the night sky. For a few moments, they burned bright, lines intertwining in themselves, creating a constellation.

Maybe not all good things have to come to an end.

Artemis just sighed sadly. It was in that moment she named them, The Lovers. She ignored her twin brother, who egged her to call Leo 'The Small Exploding Latino.'

Their story was etched into the sky, their love breathing life to the new stars.

They were eternal together in the night sky.

T H E E N D

Holy shit guys. Eighty-seven chapters. This story has been a long journey. This story is one of my greatest accomplishments, I've genuinely fallen in love with these characters and their storylines. They have become like a part of me, I won't ever forget Kira and Leo's love.

I've said it so many times, but thank you guys for the endless support you've shown me. Without you, I would have let this story die a long time ago, and they deserve to let their story be heard. Mental health issues have threatened the working of this many times, but your support has helped me pull through.

If you would like, I will now be trying to work on my Connor Stoll fanfiction, if you wanted to check it out. Only if you want to, but I've got some good ideas for that book as well. It's got some book aspects, bur for the most part its open ended writing. Its got a huge humor aspect to it.

Once this chapter had been published, I am going to in and try to edit and revise the earlier chapters, which contain a lot of mistakes, and also add the gif and quote for the beginning. I honestly love it, and I think it looks really cool.

Let me know your over all thoughts for this book, and what you thought about the characters and storyline. Any comments I'd love to hear!!