lxv. Bliss

❝and i fell for you

and i fell for you

like raindrops

pavana

△△△

How do you love someone to the fullest? Sometimes it was hard for Kira to put Leo into words, because she loved him in ways that she had never even thought about. She learned more and more about her love for him everyday.

Everything he did, she fell in love with. She fell in love with his tired smile, when he danced for a few moments too long. She fell in love with his storytelling, the adventures he had been on, the ranting, that always brought a grin to her face. The way you could always point out a dirt smear, no matter how much he showered.

To truly understand how Kira felt about Leo, you would have to be her. There was a bond between the teens that no one really knew how to explain.

They laid under the stars, which were like a beautiful, surreal blanket above their heads. She could feel his heartbeat against the back of her head, and could hear the soft breaths of his chest by her side.

Leo tapped her thigh in lazy morse code, something she still hadn't had the brains to understand and memorize. Kira was laying, tightly embracing the side of his body, as if she was making sure he wouldn't disappear when she blinked.

"I missed you." Leo whispered into the brisk night air.

"I'm very missable," Kira teased, running her hands through his curly hair. It had gotten longer since she had seen him last, he had also gotten tanner and an inch taller. "I prayed every night, right here, that you would come back to me."

Leo sighed sadly, pressing a kiss to her forehead. His rough fingers ran softly over her palm.

"I'm sorry, novia," He told her heartfeltfully.

She knew they would have to leave once the sun peaked through the clouds, but they were so intuned with each other's touch that she couldn't fall asleep.

Kira sighed, blowing some sand away with her breath. "But you came back." She spoke after a moment. "That's what matters the most."

Leo chuckled softly. "I heard you'e had some changes since the war. Head counselor, huh?"

Kira buried her head in the crook of his neck, her face turning red. "It's not that big of a deal," She murmured into his shirt, his homey scent breathed into her lungs, and making her feel safe.

"Yes it is!" Leo said. "My girlfriend and I are head counselors! We're, like, a power couple!"

Kira laughed, planting a quick kiss on his nose.

"You missed," Leo said with a goofy grin. Kira returned the grin, pressing a passionate kiss to his lips.

"Don't think I did," Kira murmured into the kiss, earning a moan of pleasure from Leo. She let his body weight fall ontop of her, so that Leo was looking down at her. He kissed her hard, and a feeling when up her spine that she missed so dearly when they kissed. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach. She smiled into the kiss, kissing him back.

"You have pretty eyes," Leo breathed.

"Yours are prettier," Kira told him fondly, rolling him over so they were cuddling again.

Leo laughed. "I have brown eyes, Ki,"

"But they're your brown eyes."

Leo was quiet for a bit, his gaze searching the stars. Kira watched him, falling in love with the way he watched the sky.

"I know you don't like her." Leo told her, and she tensed from her position at his side. "It wasn't very hard to tell."

"Can you blame me?" Kira asked him. "She sent the last few months with you, and now she's being a dick to me!"

Leo seemed to soak that in. "True." He paused. "I'm sorry I saved her," Leo told her. At first she thought it was sarcasm, but when she glanced over, he was dead serious.

"She deserved to be saved," Kira spoke to the moon. "I just don't understand why she needs to be mean to me,"

"She's upset," Leo said, shrugging. "I choose you over her. Frankly, however, there wasn't much of a choice there."

Kira smiled. "I love you, Valdez."

"I love you more, Willows."

"Don't you dare start this."

"I already did, baby!" Leo said loudly, enough to wake the nearby campers. Kira pressed a finger to his mouth, giggling.

"You're on!" Kira hissed, and Leo scrambled up from the sandy shore in record time, zipping around camp. If Kira hadn't been training heard, she may not have caught him, but she had been running everyday thanks to Sherman.

She caught up to him easily, tapping him on the shoulder.

"You're it!" She said joyfully.

Leo scowled, reaching to tag her back, but she jumped out of the way. "No tag backs!"

"That's childish," Leo shot at her, but she just stuck her tongue out.

"Sucks to suck, Le!" Leo just shook his head, amused. She yawned, and Leo smiled at his tired girlfriend.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He told her. "Bright and early. Get some sleep."

Kira's grin dropped. "What? You can't sleep with me tonight, on your return day?"

Leo's eyes gleamed, and his face brightened even more, if possible. Kira took it as a yes, and she pulled his along to the Ares cabin.

Inside, Ellis and Sherman were sleeping soundly, and she and Leo crept all the way back to her bunk.

Her face grew warm when she realized the daises were still laying out, along with her messy art. Before she could push it under her bed, Leo snatched it up. He uncrumbled the work, and Kira flopped on the bed, ready to be embarrassed.

"Is this me?" Leo asked, looking at the painting in awe. Kira blushed.

"Who else would it be?" Kira asked quietly. A fond smiled crept onto his cheeks, laying beside the girl on his stomach, looking at the most recent painting.

Leo smiled at it again, before tucking it safely away in his pant pockets. Kira made no complaints, getting in position in her bed. Leo followed in suite, wrapping his arms around her chest protectively.

"You know, you never showed me those other watercolor paintings after the meeting back on Argo II," He whispered into her ear, making her shiver.

"Now I did," She whispered back.

Leo snuggled into her, and she was hit with an awful thought. "Leo...don't let me fall asleep."

Leo's head popped up from the pillow. "Huh? Why not?"

"I can't...what if this is just a dream?" Her lip trembled. "I don't want to wake up without you next to me."

Leo sighed sadly. Kira turned in the bed to face hi, and his thumb brushed over her cheek. "This is real, mi amor,"

Kira didn't reply, melting into his warm touch. She missed the feeling of his hands tracing her face, a comforting feeling she hadn't had in six months.

"And I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to stay." Leo kissed her nose. "For good."

Kira embraced him tightly, and Leo complied silently. After a few moments, Kira's breathing slowed and became more even. Leo checked, and saw she had fallen asleep in his arms. Smiling softly, he brushed a piece of her hair and kissed her forehead.

He had finally found his way back home.

For the first time in six months, Kira slept with no dreams.

Hey guys! Here's a super short chapter that I managed to get out! Today was super busy, I had volleyball practice, so this was all I managed to get down.