lxxix. Pancakes!

❝you deserve the world, even if it means giving it to yourself❞

you deserve the world, even if it means giving it to yourself

r.h. sin

△△△

The Battle at Camp Jupiter was a blur.

With Leo and Kira's warning, they were able to scarcely prepare the cannons, put on armor, and try to get organized before they saw the first monster wave.

After the battle had began, Leo and Kira had gotten split up soon after, so Kira fought beside Reyna and Kevin.

Reyna tried to tell Kevin to fight beside Jon or others, but Kira wanted him near her. Despite just meeting him, she felt a big sister bond with him, and she felt it was her duty to protect him.

"ARGGHHH!" The cyclops roared as Kira stabbed him with her sword. She rolled under nether him to avoid being squished, because she was fairly certain Leo didn't want to date a half-squished woman.

Reyna threw an Imperial gold dagger, stabbing him in the eye. The cyclops let out another defiant roar, but he began turning to dust. As he collapsed, Kira eyed his spear. Before he disintegrated, his spear began falling ontop of Kevin. She yelp, diving for him. She collided with him, and the two skidded on the ground.

Kevin let out a yelp, but Kira took most of the fall. She stood, offering her non-cast hand to help him up, but when she turned, she was too late.

Reyna had been fighting another cyclops, but it had lost interest in her. A spear flew pst Kira's head before she knew what happened. Her sword clattered to the ground.

"No!" She cried, falling to Kevin's side.

"I-I'm sorry," Reyna managed, eyes wide.

He let out a choked gasp, blood forming at the corner of his mouth. A large spear was producing from his gut. She turned for a split second, but Reyna had blasted the cyclops to dust, and was by Kira's side.

She choked a sob back. She knew she shouldn't have been so upset, she had just met the boy, but he had stuck her side the entire time they organized for war. He had told her his life story. She felt a bond with him as she did with Harley, an instinct to protect them. She hadn't been able to.

Her jaw trembled, tears cascading down her tanned cheeks. She brushed his hair out of his eyes. Her hands her shaking, but she couldn't bother trying to control them.

"Hey, hey, look at me." She managed, just above a whisper. The boy's chin was trembling as well, tears falling down the side of his face. His young features stuck at Kira, as if hitting her with a bus. They might as well have.

He was too young to die. He only looked about twelve, with chubby cheeks and freckles making him look like a normal little boy. A boy who shouldn't have been thrown into war.