lxxxiv. Their Happy Ending

❝and in the middle of the chaos, there was you

and in the middle of the chaos, there was you.

butterflies rising

ps. i will leave her wedding dress up to your imagination, because I know a lot of people have different styles.

△△△

"I can't believe this is happening,"

"Neither can I, Piper," Kira said wistfully, a faraway smile on her face. She sat on an comfortable stool as her best friend played with her hair, trying to come up with a style that fit her.

"You probably should have had an idea what to do with your hair before your wedding day," Piper commented, moving a few strands.

"Probably."

The girls giggled.

Her wedding dress weighed her down, her jewelery not helping. Anxiety roared in her veins. Her ADHD made it hard to sit still.

Yes. Wedding dress. Kira Willows was getting married to the boy of her dreams.

"What if we just put it in a loose bun?" Piper suggested.

"No," Kira said quickly. "I'd get a headache."

"You're not making this easy, Ms. Bride." Piper said, flicking her shoulder.

Kira laughed. "That's the fun part, McLean,"

Two people burst into the room. Kira smiled brightly when she recognized Annabeth and Hazel, both dressed in matching bridesmaid dresses as well as Piper's. They both looked gorgeous with the glamorous makeup Piper had supplied them with after raiding the Aphrodite cabin.

"Kira!" Annabeth cried, a bright grin on her face as she watched Kira try to get ready for her wedding. "Oh, you look beautiful!"

Kira smiled. "Thank you, Annabeth. You do as well." She remembered Annabeth's wedding, where she had had a bridesmaid. Now, it was switched.

"How about a loose French braid?" Piper offered, although even she didn't look convinced.

"A bun?" Hazel added.

Piper sighed. "We already tried that one," She shrugged. "She's being difficult,"

Kira scowled. "Being rude to me on my wedding day, Piper? You've reached a new low."

Piper flicked her again.

"What about just loose curls?" Kira asked, rubbing the back of her head where Piper had flicked her.

"That's not-"

Kira turned away from the mirror, giving Piper puppy eyes.

"I think that would look pretty," Annabeth smiled, looking into the mirror, as if she was imagining her with it. Hazel nodded in agreement.