8 - In The Ambulance

Hey guys, sorry for the little break I took.

Things are starting to open up again, so I have less time.

But I'll try to post at least every other day, so you guys don't have to worry.

________________________________________________________

Izuku POV :

It's scary.

He just ran away without hesitation. 

That doesn't sound like something he would do mindlessly.

He must have something planned.

That only makes me more scared.

Overhaul is smart. He's incredibly smart.

He figured out how out how to turn my quirk into bullets.

So he must have some master plan.

And that makes me paranoid.

I should try not to think about this so much.

I'm safe now.

These loud trucks that I can't remember the name of came and took several people away.

They scare me, but then again, everything scares me.

It's all so new and happening way to fast for me to comprehend.

Something touches my shoulder and I flinch away from it.

I look up to see a tired looking man with long black hair and a scarf around his neck.

"Hey, i'm not going to hurt you." he says.

"I'm Shouta Aizawa, a hero. We need to take you to the hospital to get you checked out."

I freeze at the word hospital. They want to hurt me again. I don't want to go. I really don't want to but i'm to scared of what will happen to me if I refuse. They will probably hurt me worse.

'Am I really safe?'

Aizawa POV:

I reach out to the frail boy, but at the sight of my hand he flinches away from me.

What has he been through to make him flinch like that?

I calm him down and lead him into the back of an ambulance.

I don't know why, but this kid is terrified.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask.

He looks at me and then quietly says

"I-i'm scared" he looks at the ground and tears begin to fill his eyes.

"What are you scared of?" I ask him.

"T-the h-hospital. I-I don't like it w-when they h-hurt me." his voice is very shaky, I doubt he's talked in a long time.

"You won't get hurt, they are going to help you." I tell him

He looks up at me, for only a second, but in that glance I can tell he doesn't believe me.

"Hey kid, what's your name?" I ask.

He quietly says "I-izuku..."

Man this is going to be rough. He seems very scared to do anything without being told to do so.

'What happened to him?'

***

Izuku POV:

Why did Kacchan have to leave? It's all happening so fast, am I dreaming?

Do these people want to use me for my quirk too?

My quirk...

I hate it. If only I could have stayed quirkless, none of this would have happened. It's a curse, not a quirk. It makes me get hurt and gets other people killed. Just like my mom. And Chrono.

I regret what I did to Chrono.

If only I could have listened and not tried to run away, he could still be alive. He was the only person in that entire building that seemed to give a damn about what happened to me. 

Sure he wasn't nice, like my mom was, but he wasn't mean either.

He was the one who convinced Overhaul to let me go outside, and he would stay out and watch me for hours. He actually cared.

It makes me sick thinking about what happened to him, and I feel tears welling up in my eyes.

Before I can stop myself I start sobbing.

"Woah kid, are you ok?" asks the man. I already forgot his name. I really am useless.

He tries to touch me and I immediately move away from his hand. The nurse who is also in the loud car with us desperately tries to calm me down.

"I-it's my fault. I-it's my fault their dead." I say outloud. 

I feel my body shaking as the nurse holds my skinny body in her arms.

The nice man starts stroking my head and I feel myself starting to relax.

"Hey it's going to be ok. Nothing bad is going to happen." says the man.

I start to drift off to sleep, and for the first time in a million years, I don't have a nightmare.

________________________________________________________

 So, yeah my update schedule is going to start being a little different.

I hope you guys don't mind, because i'll try to put out longer chapters.

Thanks for reading!

Words: 704