20| Inevitable

Twelve years. That's how long it's been since I've kissed Karma Fitzgerald. The kiss in the pool didn't count. This was different.

When I cupped her face with my hands and crushed my lips against hers, I didn't miss her little gasp of surprise. She didn't think I would take the bait. At first, I tried to resist what she was offering. I knew that if she and I jumped into bed again, it was going to snowball from there.

I tilted my head to the side, deepening the kiss as her tongue danced with mine. God, I missed this. I missed her. I missed everything about her. I felt Karma reach for the waistband of my jeans and my heart started thundering against my ribs. The anticipation of what was going to happen between us was overwhelming.

My hard erection pressed against the denim material of my jeans. Christ. I wanted her more than I've ever wanted any other woman. That's what Karma did to me. She consumed me like no other before her. And no other after her.

I felt her undo my button before I heard the ziiiiiiip of my zipper being pulled down. She pulled away from my mouth and pulled my shirt over my head. There was a sultry smirk on her face and a light in her eyes that brought back memories.

She ran her gaze over my chest and drew her bottom lip between her teeth. "I have to say...this," she ran her hand over my abs, "is a panty-dropper all by itself."

I arched a brow. "Is that so?" I reached under her sundress and pressed my fingers against her soaking wet panties. "Seems like you still have yours on, gorgeous."

When I knelt down in front of her, my eyes never left hers as I grabbed the waist band of her panties and slid them down her long legs. Even though I was lost in the lust and hunger of wanting Karma, I didn't forget whose house this was. Once I removed her panties, I shoved them into the pocket of my jeans. The last thing I needed was her mom or dad finding them laying around their house.

Karma kept her eyes on me as I rose back to my feet. Needing to feel her skin, I ran my hand down her arm. Then I brushed it against her thigh. I leaned into her and kissed at her neck. Her head fell back and a little moan escaped her .

"I miss the way you feel," I whispered against her skin. "You're just as soft as I remember."

My hand slid between her thighs again and I stroked my finger against her core. Her hands flew to my shoulders and she gripped them tight. She wasn't trying to stop me, she was silently begging me for more; and I was ready to give her whatever she wanted.

When her wetness coated my fingers, I groaned with a desperate need. I slid my finger deeper inside her; stroking her in time with the kisses I was still giving her. I rubbed her clit with my thumb and she was putty in my arms. I held her up with my free hand as I continued to bring her to orgasm.

"Nathan..." she moaned and I knew she was close.

I greedily kissed her on the mouth this time-tugging on her lip with my teeth as I pulled away from her. I felt her body tense and her legs start to shake. Five seconds later, she called out my name.

Once she came down from her climax, her eyes met mine. I withdrew my fingers and gave her a smirk of my own.

"You have no idea how gorgeous you are when you come, Karma."

"Yeah? Well why don't you prove it." She stepped back and held out her hand. "Come with me, Nathan."

I took the hand she offered and she led me up the stairs. I had no intentions tonight except making love to Karma. I knew we would both probably be pissed about this tomorrow. But tomorrow wasn't tonight. She led me to her bedroom and dimmed the lights before turning on her radio. The music was so soft I couldn't really tell what the song was. But that didn't matter.