Epilogue

Two weeks Later

"Nathan, this is the wrong color paint." I held up the correct paint sample. "This is what you were supposed to get."

"No, it isn't. You said yellow. It's yellow."

"Karma, I told you we should have gone to the hardware store ourselves," Lanie snickered. "If you want something done right..."

"Hey," Ayden whined, "men can do the job just fine. Right, Jackson?"

Jackson stopped pacing and arched a brow. "I'm not getting in the middle of this. My job was to bring food and help with the Uhaul. I'll keep my arse out of the lover's quarrel."

I smiled at Jackson then glared at Nate. "It doesn't matter, Jackson, because Nathan got the wrong paint!"

"No, I didn't."

"Here we go," Lanie groaned.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Nathan, what exactly did I say before you left?"

Nathan rolled his eyes. "You said to go get yellow paint."

"No. I said to get canary. There's a difference." Sometimes I seriously didn't know how men could be so clueless!

After our amazing date night two weeks ago, Nathan ended up staying at my place for a few days. One morning after we made love, I realized that I loved having him there. I wanted him next to me when I fell asleep at night and when I woke up in the morning. I asked him to move in and...he said yes.

I thought I was going to have to give him some time or have this super long talk about it. But that didn't happen. He said that as soon as I asked him, he wondered why he didn't think of it first. Then the answer slipped out of his mouth with no hesitation. Yes.

We sat down with Lanie and Ayden and, even though they would miss Nathan, they were happy for us. So, one week after that, and here we are. Today was the big day that Nathan was moving in with me. We got all of our friends here to help us with the move. Well, minus Harper, Ryan, and Danielle who had business at Down the Rabbit Hole.

Nathan held up his hands. "Okay, canary or not. Yellow is yellow. Right, Jackson?"

Jackson picked up a piece of pepperoni and pineapple pizza. "Sorry, mate. I'm only concerned with this delicious mixture of spicy and sweet. You are on your own."

Nathan ran his hands over his face. "Okay, can we table this for later? Obviously, we are all a little tired and hungry."

I was so irritated with him and I wasn't going to let him just dust this under the rug. "No, we need to exchange this before they close. I want to get this done today, Nathan."

I heard Lanie's voice as she mumbled to Ayden. "Let's go get some food, babe. This is going to take a while."

"Where are going?" I asked Nathan as he stalked to our bedroom.

"My phone's ringing."

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the paint problem. I compared the color Nathan brought home to the one I wanted.

"These are no way the same thing," I mumbled. I heard footsteps behind me and turned back to Nathan. "Look, can we-" My heart nearly stopped at his expression. "Why is your face like that?"

He closed the distance between us and took the paint from me and sat it on the floor. He took my hands in his.

"Karma...you're father just called. It's about your mother. She's-she passed away."

The End (Well...for now.)

First, THANK YOU to every single person who read, commented, and voted on Karma. None of these stories would have been possible without you!

🖤

I'm literally crying right now...I CANNOT believe Karma is complete! Yes, I know that this ended on a sort of...cliffhanger *sobs in a corner* but the next novel in this series, Tryst, will pick up right where Karma left off! It will also be a little different my usual novels. I will have a few more chapters in this story from other character's POV (i.e. Nate, Karma, Lanie, etc...). Not too many, but just enough.

One other thing...thank you again for your support in regards to my grandmother passing away. Writing this ending was hard considering. If I can give you any advice at all...never take anyone for granted. If the last thing you said to a loved one was out of anger, call them and make up. If it wasn't, then call them anyway to say I love you. Life is short and you never know when the last time is <3

Keep scrolling for more of The Forbidden Heart Series! Including a special Prequel for Nathan and Karma