Chapter 5

"What? What do you mean he escaped!?"

Yells from the other side of the room made Hyejin gulp.

She climbed out of her bed and went slowly out of her room to eavesdrop on what her brother is saying.

"I'll come there right now...Yes...No, she wouldn't know. Bye."

The sound of car keys jingling made Hyejin run back to her room again and pretended to sleep under the covers.

Her door creaked and she heard few shallow breaths followed by a groan.

"Hyejin, I won't be sleeping here tonight. I've got work to do."

With that, her door closed shut and once she heard the front door close, she got up and ran downstairs.

As she saw her brother's fading back, she quickly tiptoed and ran to his direction.

She ran from the dark street, quietly following her brother with a safe distance.

Hyejin didn't know why but she wanted to know what his brother is doing for a living.

The remaining lights on the street suddenly turned off making her gasp as darkness invaded her vision.

She can't see anything and she didn't even have her phone with her.

She palpitated as she heard footsteps nearing her so she backed away, running from the opposite direction.

She stumbled as her foot tripped on a rock making her bump into a pole.

Her head bled and nausea invaded her as she gripped her hair tightly to prevent the blood from oozing.

Breath hitching, she tried her best to calm down but the footsteps were nearing her again.

Tears fell from her eyes as the man's silhouette appeared in front of her and with one last breath, her eyes closed shut.

...

"What happened?" Yeonjun barged into the room full of angry men.

"You fucking traitor!"

A man punched him straight on the jaw making him fall backwards. He was tackled by the same man and punched him endlessly.

"You. Made. Him. Escape." The man punched him in between the words.

"Enough."

Another man slammed his palms on the wooden table making the man stop punching Yeonjun.

"Come here." The man pointed at Yeonjun.

His nose bled together with his lower lip and his cheek got darker.

"What did you do?" The man stared at the ceiling.

"I-I Don't know how he escaped, sir."

"Of course you wouldn't." He paused. "But you knew he would."

The man slapped Yeonjun on the face making him lower his head.

"Bring him to me within three days or your sister will be the replacement."

With that, the man walked away followed by the other men who gave Yeonjun smirks and glares.

Yeonjun shivered at the thought of her sister being tortured by them so he quickly walked away to find the man.

He sighed and went outside of the dark building.

His hands were sweating and he felt like dying as the air hit his face.

Yeonjun sat on one of the benches, wiping some of the blood with his sleeves.

" Oh my! Are you okay?"

...