Chapter 21

"Come on, let's eat." Haerin rushed to Hyejin and pulled her arm.

"You guys can go, I'll follow."

Hyejin smiled at the pouting Haerin before walking to her room, quickly fetching her phone before dialing her brother.

"Sorry, the number you have dia-"

"Alright! I've waited long enough, Yeon!"

Hyejin huffed as she paced on her room, pressing the same button over and over again in attempt to call her brother.

"Sorry, the num-"

"Ugh... Where are you!?"

She heard the others talking downstairs so she lowered her voice, not wanting to make them worry.

"Yeon," She whispered. "Where are you?"

...

"What brings you here?"

Yeji closed the door of his room and smiled at the boy who sat on his bed.

As she neared the boy, he couldn't take his eyes off of her chest, wondering where the green light was.

It was not there anymore.

"Food." She beamed.

Yeji placed various kinds of dishes on his bed, before helping him to sit straighter. She took the opportunity and took a spoonful.

"Here, eat."

"Tsk. What if it's poisoned?"

"If I wanted to kill you then i would just let you rot here than bring you my precious dishes."

Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows making Yeji smile since she knew that she won the argument.

"Open your mouth."

Yeonjun did what he was told and took a bite of the steak which made Yeji clap her hands.

"You're treating me like a child."

"You are, in fact, a child."

"Tsk. You're the same age as mine."

"But you act like a three year old."

"What do y-"

Yeonjun was stopped on his sentence as Yeji fed him another spoonful making him frown.

...

"So how was it?" Yeji asked. "Was it good?"

Yeonjun gave no reply making Yeji frown while cleaning the plates on hid bed.

"Was it bad?"

Yeonjun shook his head and stared at Yeji who seemed confused on why he was staring at her.

"Um... what's wrong?"

"Why are you so kind to me?" He paused. "We don't even know each other."

"Well...Being kind to someone doesn't mean that you have to know each other." She smiled. "I just thought that you needed my hel-"

"I don't."

"But I want to help you. Besides, my father asked me to treat your wounds.

"Who is your father?"

Yeji froze, slowly placing the spoon on the plastic before smiling at Yeonjun again.

"Your boss." She sighed. "I'm the daughter of your boss."

"Why would he want you to treat me if he was the one who wanted them to beat me up?"

"Too many questions. Get some rest."

Yeji smiled and quickly cleaned his bed before walking out of his room without giving him a proper goodbye.

...