Chapter 28

"Sorry, the number yo-"

The boy paced around the locked room looking nervous as ever. He bit his thumb out of frustration and dialed the same number again.

"Yeji~ Where are you?" He whined.

He tried to remember the things that happened the last day but nothing came to his mind. Yeji didn't come back since that day which made him more anxious.

"Yeji, where are you?"

...

"Let's go?" Haerin nudged Hyejin's shoulder.

"Yeah, did you tell Haechan?"

"Tell me what?"

Haechan came inside the living room and crossed his arms, looking at the two girls who dressed casually.

"Where are you going?" Haechan spat.

"I was about to tell you." Haerin sheepishly smiled. "We're shopping together." She linked her arm with Hyejin's.

"You two? No."

"What? Why?" Haerin huffed.

"It's dangerous outside, you're not going."

"But, I wanted to spend time with her."

"You can spend the whole day here."

"Haechan!"

"No, it's okay!"

The couple looked at Hyejin who gave them a reassuring smile. She scratched her nape after unlinking her arm with Haerin.

"It's okay, we can stay here." Hyejin smiled.

"No! Haechan, please~" Haerin begged.

"Bring bodyguards with you."

"No~ That won't be fun!"

"Then what!?"

The door barged open revealing Jeno with a frown on his face while eyeing the three of them.

"You guys are so loud!" He yelled.

"Hey, Jeno! What would you say if your girlfriend is going out without someone to accompany her?"

"Hey, I have Hyejin with m-"

"What would you say?" Haechan repeated.

Jeno looked at Haerin who begged him to say something nice and he was about to, not until he saw Hyejin rolling her eyes at him.

"Tsk. I'd say no." He glared at Hyejin.

"What? Jen-"

"There, final. No one's going out."

Haechan was about to walk away but Haerin was quick to move and gave him a back hug.

"Please baby? Hyuckie?" She cooed.

"That won't work on me." He removed her arm.

Haerin frowned as frustration invaded her. Hyejin noticed her so she quickly barged in their conversation since she didn't want them to be mad at each other for the rest of the day.

"How about you come with us?" She yelled making Haechan stop.

"What do you mean?"

"Um...Come with us and guard Haerin?" She said hesitantly.

"Heck no. I wouldn't be a dog who follow you guys around."

"Then bring Jeno with you." Haerin said.

"Fine" Haechan sighed.

Haerin smiled and hugged Haechan before linking her arm with Hyejin's. They walked out of the living room while the other two boys were frowning.

"When did I say yes?" Jeno huffed.

...

"Boys, faster! We need to go!"

Haechan came out of his room wearing something formal to pair up with his girlfriend while Jeno wore an all black from head to toe.

"Really? Black?" Hyejin whispered.

Unknown to her, everyone heard what she said making Jeno scoff while the other two smiled.

"Then you choose." He spat.

"Gladly."

Hyejin got up from her seat and pulled Jeno's wrist gently, not wanting to anger him more. As they got inside his room, she looked at Jeno for permission and immediately rummaged on his closet.

"Wow, are you emo?" She gasped. "All of these are black!"

"Cause those are my clothes for the gym." He scoffed.

"Wha-"

"Over there." He eyed the other closet.

Hyejin hopped and opened the closet, revealing various colors of clothes he had. Her eyes widened and immediately took the shirt that git her attention, not until she saw another one.

"This? No...this? Ugh they're all good." She sighed. "Oh this! This!"

She lifted the shirt up to his face for him to get a better view. Jeno scoffed and took the shirt away from his face before eyeing the girl.

"Might as well dress me too."

Jeno smirked and took his shirt completely out of his body making Hyejin widen her eyes. She froze but she didn't scream; just staring at his toned abs.

"Done staring?"

"Uh...I-i"

She backed away, trying to form words but nothing came out of her mouth. Jeno's smirk gone wider as he neared the girl who backed away from every step he took.

"Bleib von mir fern!"

"What?" Jeno furrowed his eyebrows.

"ne appropinques mihi!"

"What the fuck? What are you saying?." Jeno spat.

"je ne sais pas trop!"

"You're fucking weird."

Jeno took the shirt from her hands and wore it before leaving her inside his room. Meanwhile, Hyejin clutched her heart and touched her lips; surprised by the words that she just said earlier.

"Wait, I know German!?"

...

(German)
•Bleib von mir fern - Stay away from me

(Latin)
•ne appropinques mihi - don't come near

(French)
je ne sais pas trop - I don't know