Chapter 41

"The girl is fine. She just needed to rest."

"I-is she awake?" Chenle asked.

"Sadly no. She will be in a coma for about a month or more. We don't know when she'll wake up so please be patient."

The doctor patted Chenle's shoulder and nodded at the boys before walking away. Jeno crouched down on the floor and the other boys sat on their chairs, not believing what they heard.

"We really like her as a family now, huh?"

Renjun sadly smiled as he stared at his members who clearly looked sad. At first, they didn't like Hyejin but as time passed, she became a family to them.

"Jeno, the floor is cold." Haechan tapped the seat beside him.

Jeno scoffed and stood up aggressively before glaring at each of them who looked at him weirdly.

"Why are you guys so sad? She'll wake up."

As he said those, he walked away furiously from them which made the boys wonder why he changed his attitude. He bumped with multiple people yet he didn't care as he kept on walking. Jeno looked the most worried earlier but then he didn't really care after.

"Don't mind him. He's shocked too." Jaemin sighed.

...

"Lee! Fucking! Jeno! You! Are! So! Dumb!"

Jeno punched the wall in each word he said that made his knuckles bleed and turn blue. He was angry at himself. He felt so dumb and immature for leaving Hyejin alone on her room. He blamed himself.

"This is all because of you, Lee Jeno!"

The furious boy growled and kicked the trashcan which made the garbages scatter on the clean floor. He was outside the hospital where they dump all their trashes since there was no one there.

"H-hello...Jeno, right?"

Jeno stopped as he heard a girl's voice. he slowly looked back and saw a familiar girl but he doesn't remember where or when he saw her.

She was thin and pretty. Her eyes were small but you can clearly see the sadness in her eyes. Her fingers were fumbling together as she felt nervous around the mad boy.

"Who are you?"

"I-I'm Yeji...um...Hyejin...Is she okay?"

Yeji fumbled her fingers more as Jeno's face scrunched up at the realization. He growled and slowly walked towards her direction. He wanted to kill her but he knew that he shouldn't.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Are you happy that she's lying on a bed while her brother died miserably because of you!?"

Jeno punched the wall beside her. His face clearly showed his rage and his neck veins popped from anger. He stared at the sadness and guilt on her face in which he predicted as her acting.

"What a fake bitch." Jeno growled and glared at her before walking away from her.

"Is Hyejin o-"

"Don't fucking say a word or I might kill you."

With that, Jeno completely walked away and Yeji stood there, sadness all over her face. She looked at Jeno's disappearing back once again before clutching something in her bag.

Yeji quickly closed her bag as a janitor came in. The man looked at her weirdly before gasping at the sight of all the trashes on the ground.

After a few seconds of standing there, she quickly walked out of the hallway, not wanting the other members to find her.

...