Chapter 16

"Come in."

In came a smiling Jaemin while holding a glass of juice and a bread. Hyejin widened her eyes and quickly stood up to help him but Jaemin shook his head.

"This is for you."

Hyejin smiled and stared at the glass, realizing that it was similar to what she held earlier.

"How about yours?" She asked.

"I finished mine already. Go and eat yours."

Hyejin nodded, not knowing that the boy beside him stared at her in awe. She took a bite of the bread and widened her eyes at the taste.

"Wow! This is delicious! Thank you."

Jaemin laughed and urged her to eat more while Hyejin only smiled. No one talked but it wasn't awkward.

"Thank you again." Hyejin beamed.

"Anytime."

Jaemin smiled and took the empty glass on her table, bidding her goodbye. As he got out of her room, he quickly placed the glass on the sink before walking towards the others.

"She likes it."

Jaemin gave a pat on Jeno's shoulder who was raging at the thought of his homemade baked goods were eaten by her.

"That was for you." He furrowed his eyebrows at Jaemin.

"Yes, it was mine." Jaemin pursed his lips. "And since it was mine, I have the right to give it to her."

Jeno scoffed and drank his juice in one shot, glaring at the boy who made his way towards the other members.

...

"Carry these." Jeno cleared his throat.

Hyejin gulped as she stared at the huge box in front of her. She glanced at Jeno to know if he was joking or not; he wasn't.

"W-where to?"

"My room." Jeno walked away.

Hyejin stared at his back in disbelief while her mouth hung low. She tried to carry the huge box but it was too heavy so she quickly placed it down.

"Okay~ How about a push?" She convinced herself.

Hyejin tried to push the box but it didn't move so she gave up and stretched.

"How am I gonna carry this upstairs?"

She ran her fingers through her hair before exhaling as she thought of ways to carry the huge box.

"Hyejin? It's already midnight."

Hyejin quickly looked back at the voice and gasped when she saw Jaemin.

"O-oh um...Jeno asked me to bring this to his room." She stuttered.

"He asked?" Jaemin scoffed. "Or he demanded?"

Hyejin pursed her lips and awkwardly looked down while scratching her nape.

"Let me help you."

"No, it's okay! I can do it."

Jaemin sighed and walked nearer which made her frown. He opened the box and furrowed his eyebrows as he saw what's inside.

"Rocks?"

"What?"

Hyejin looked inside and gasped when she saw multiple rocks inside. She stood frozen, thinking of how evil Jeno is.

"Is he really trying to kill me?"

"If he wants this in his room, he can fo it himself." Jaemin frowned. "Go to sleep."

"But the box-"

"Just go. I'll handle it."

Hyejin nodded hesitantly and bowed to Jaemin before walking to her room.

Jaemin walked outside and placed the rocks on the garden.boy who peaked outside his room gritted his teeth, knowing that his plan was ruined.

"What games are you playing, Jeno?"

...

"What a clever boy you are."

Yeonjun cried in pain as he was once again lying on the ground while multiple men did everything they wanted.

"Once i find that sister of yours," The man growled. "I'll tear her body in front of you."

Yeonjun shivered at the thought as he tried to block their kicks and punches. The men mercilessly gave him all their beatings while their boss stared at them.

"Enough. Don't let him die now, we still need him." He scoffed. "Call the girl to check on him."

They immediately stopped and bowed to their boss before carrying Yeonjun upstairs, once again locking him up.

"Someone will be here to check on your wounds." One of the men smirked. "She's quite sexy, lucky you."

They left Yeonjun alone and locked his door while he coughed endlessly, clutching his abdomen.

"I hope you're fine Hyejin. Please don't hate me"

...