Chapter 50

It has been more than a month since the accident happened and the doctor said that it's okay for Hyejin to be discharged.

The others happily packed Hyejin's belongings while the said girl kept on squealing while shaking her other arm out of excitement.

Jaemin carried her and helped her sit on the wheelchair while the Renjun talked with the doctor about her discharge.

He pushed her wheelchair and as they got out of the hospital, Hyejin yelled before inhaling deeply.

"Finally! Fresh air~"

The others laughed at her cuteness and Haechan looked at Jeno who only stared at the playground near them.

He noticed his mood so he quickly cleared his throat before looking at Jaemin who was talking with Hyejin.

"Jaemin! You said earlier that your arms hurt, let Jeno push her."

"M-me? My arms are hurt?"

Haechan groaned and gave Jaemin a stank eye before eyeing Jeno who didn't know what was happening.

"Oh yeah! Right, my arms...ouch..."

Jaemin smiled at Jeno and left Hyejin alone with him before they all walked away together, leaving Jeno and Haerin.

"Well, aren't you going to push me?"

Jeno hesitantly nodded and walked to her before pushing her gently. Every step he takes, he kept on looking at the playground.

Hyejin then noticed where he was looking and she gently rubbed his knuckles. Jeno looked down to her and she smiled before pointing at the playground.

"Let's go there first."

Jeno nodded and turned left while looking at the others who gave him thumbs up as they patiently waited inside the car.

...

"Gently...one step at a ti-"

"Just carry me already." Hyejin lifted her arms.

As she did so, Jeno stiffened and slowly hugged her waist. He shivered as he felt her arms around his back and he carried her bridal style before sitting her on the bench.

"You could've just stayed on the wheelchair, you know."

"Nope, that's boring."

Hyejin chuckled and glanced at Jeno who had his usual blank face. She sighed before tilting her head to see more of his face.

"Jeno." She started. "What's wrong?"

"What?"

"You aren't talking to me anymore."

"What do you mean? I just talked to you earlier."

"No. I mean, I'm always the one who initiated the conversation and you always reply with simple answers."

"That's what I'm always like."

"I don't think so."

Hyejin sighed and inched closer to Jeno before holding his hand that was extremely cold. She shivered but then quickly hid it by putting her head on his shoulder which made Jeno stiff.

"This is a secret, but I'll tell you anyways."

"Go on."

"Don't tell this to anyone, okay?" She sighed. "I feel like...Jaemin doesn't really like me. It's like he was just forced to be with me and the worse thing is that I don't really care much about it."

"I feel like even if he breaks up with me right now, I wouldn't cry...and I don't know why. Jaemin is a nice guy and all but I don't think he's the one I'm really looking for."

"These days, I kept on noticing that he's distant with me and I'm just fine with it. Do i not love him anymore? Do I even love him?"

"I feel like...It's like...Like I'm longing for someone's love but it isn't Jaemin." She paused. "I love someone but he isn't Jaemin."

Jeno looked at her slowly, seeing her confused face which made him slightly smile. He then stared at their clasped hands before whispering to her.

"Maybe you guys don't like each other anymore?"

"I don't know...Am i using him in this way? Should i break up with him? What if he'll be hurt? I just...love someone and I know it's not him. I can feel it in my guts, you know."

Just then, the two heard giggles and squeals on the other corner of the playground. They both looked at the direction only to see a little boy and a little girl who happily played on the sand.

They licked their own lollipops and played with each other while the adults stared at them adoringly.

"He lost her. Who knows if she will come back or not? If she will forgive him or not. The little boy just realized...He likes her."

"She came back."

"Hm? Who?"

Jeno quickly stood up which made Hyejin jolt at the sudden impact that left her hand. She stared at Jeno who had an unknown smile on his face.

"She came back to him."

...