PART TWO: THE KING OF COURT TRIALS

I sighed.

For the thousand time now, I sighed again.

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, so what are we supposed to do here?" I finally asked. "We are here, sitting in a car, looking outside, waiting someone to come for a DAMN half an hour already!"

"Can you lower down your voice?!" the woman sitting beside me said. "You're irritating me!"

"Wow, Courtney?!" I exclaimed. "Just to remind you, you are inside my car!"

"That doesn't give you an inferiority complex to shout at me, Avery!" she exclaimed. "Can you, at least, be a good friend by shutting your mouth?"

"To educate you, sweetie, we are not friends, we are just workmates! And just who the hell are you looking at that shop?" I asked and looked at the woman she was looking at.

This was the reason why Courtney kept on texting me. Right after I won the trial, she wanted me to go here with her.

What a pain in the ass!

As I looked back, what I saw was a woman who seemed so classy and sophisticated. She looked so smart yet not so intimidating.

"Sino 'yan?" tanong ko. "She looks... familiar."

"She's the reason why we are here," she said, looking at the woman still. "We saw her at the hospital before. Siya 'yong humahawak kay Traise."

I laughed. "Don't tell me you think Traise is cheating?"

"He's not," Courtney said. "I hope he's not."

"You hope?" I asked. "You don't trust him?"

"I do," she said. "But not the people around him."

"So what's the deal?" I asked.

"Traise barely goes home."

"So?" I asked. "It's all natural. I mean, doktor siya at kakapasa lang ng Licensure exam. He even ranked first, of course, hospitals will go crazy over him and he'll have loads of works more than any other regular passers. And can you stop calling it 'home', it's our office, for Pete's sake!"

"That's the idea," Courtney said. "One time last week, he went to our office at 2 am, right after the surgery he attended had ended. He went to my room just to look at me while I sleep and when I woke up after he kissed my forehead, I saw him just staring at my eyes. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me he just missed me. He even cuddled me while he took a nap and at 4 am, he went back to the hospital, saying he was needed!"

"What's wrong about that?" I asked. "He seemed sweet, no wonder why I had a crush on him."

Courtney gave me a sharp look

"BEFORE," I emphasized.

"Avery," Courtney said. "I visited the hospital he works at yesterday and you know what I found out? Majority ng mga nurse doon ay may gusto sa kanya! Even some patients, they do! They don't even know he's engaged! And not just that, that woman, that girl in that coffee shop, she ranked second in the licensure exam, right behind Traise! And staffs in the hospital thought they were a couple!"

"You asked them?" I asked with disbelief in my eyes, she nodded. "Damn, What a psycho!"

"I am," Courtney fiercely said. "At hindi ako pinatutulog ng anxiety ko dahil doon. What if, Traise lost his love for me, since we barely see each other and what if, he fell for that woman considering they see each other every day? They are even under the same department and are working in the same environment..."