PART FOUR: THE HANAHAKI DISEASE

The trial was just around the corner.

I literally shut myself from everything and from everyone. Masyado akong nag focus sa kaso ng daddy ko. I focused on reviewing his bank account details and everything that can help me clear up his name.

Pero ang nakaka-inis, my dad didn't want to help me. He said he’ll plea guilty, since it was a fact that he stole money from the public. But when I asked him where the money went, he never told me. He didn't want to let me know.

Ang nakakapagtaka, wala sa mga bank accounts niya ang pera. That made me think that maybe my dad stole the money but someone else was the receiver. When I asked him about it as if I know when in fact I was just guessing, turned out, it was true and dad was protecting someone he didn't want me to know and I knew the case was doomed.

“We’ll just email you the bank details,"  the bank manager said when I finally traced the last bank account that my dad didn't want me to know.

“Sure,” I said. “I’ll be contacting you for the progress.”

In a blink, I saw myself outside the bank building and waiting for Courtney to come. She said she wanted me to know something and I was somehow curious about it.

Ewan ko ba sa kanila ni Traise. Last time na humingi ng favor sa akin si Courtney, ay para padalhan ng pagkain si Traise sa hospital. Si Traise naman, halos mahimatay nang biruin kong he was under arrest.

Minutes after, a car stopped in front of me and soon as I went inside, Courtney was crying.

“W-Why?” I asked, concerned. “What happened?”

She handed me a pregnancy test and turned out, it was negative.

“Does Traise know?” I asked.

She cried. “No.”

“Do you want him to know?”

She cried even hard. “No.”

“But he deserves to know,” I said.

“I know,” she replied. “But have you seen the spark in his eyes when I told him I might be pregnant? He was the happiest…”

“I’ve seen that,” I said. “But he should know, hmm? I’ll call him, I’ll help you.”

But then, we got flustered when Tyler was calling me the moment I took my phone out of my bag.

“Why would this shit call me?” I asked.

“You guys are still not in good terms?"

“Yup,” I said, and answered the call. "WHAT DO YOU WANT—"

“COME OVER HERE!”  he shouted. “COME OVER HERE IN THE HOSPITAL!”

“W-Why?!” I asked, shocked.

“MAY OOPERAHAN SI TRAISE!" he shouted.

"So?" tanong ko. "Doktor siya, anong ine-expect mo? Mag-aalbolaryo siya?"

“HE’S JUST A RESIDENT, AVERY!" Tyler exclaimed. "AND RESIDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAD AN OPERATION YET WITHOUT A SUPERVISION FROM A SENIOR, AND HE’S DOING IT! COME FASTER AND DON’T TELL COURTNEY, OKAY? SHE’LL PASS OUT! ”

I gulped, as I looked at Courtney’s face. She was tensed and dead-worried.

“T-Tyler…” I said, panicking. “S-She knows…”

——

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Inside the hospital, three teenagers can be seen and in their surprise, the hospital was full of patients. There were injured people from side to side, some were crying in pain, some were whining, there were relatives crying, bloods all over the floor, nurse and doctors were stressed out, everything seemed so messy.