PART SEVENTEEN: ARRESTING THE MASTERMIND

For how many times I had cried, I have no idea at all.

I can see nurses and doctors running, and many families crying the same way I did.

It had been hours now since Tyler was sent to the hospital and it had been hours since my eyes kept on releasing tears.

Soon as he passed out, I shouted for help and people helped us. Good thing nasa bayan kami at may malapit lang na ospital.

I can remember how he tried not to close his eyes completely. I can remember how tears were coming out from his eyes. I can remember how he hardly breathe, I can still feel how he held my hand firmly 'til we reached the hospital.

I can remember them and I can't calm myself.

Turned out, I was the one who was suppose to get stabbed but he hugged me to use himself as a shield.

If this wasn't enough to kill me with pain, I have no idea at all.

What if something happened to him?

What if...

What if he died from saving me?

I... I can't handle that...

I will never be.

So, Tyler, please.... don't just tell me to be safe.

You keep yourself safe as well.

Bakit ba napaka selfless mo?

Bakit mas inaalala mo pa mga tao kaysa sa'yo?

You risked your life to save Traise.

You put yourself in danger by helping Courtney.

Now you took the stab that was supposed to be mine.

You love us so much to the point that you forgot you deserve the peace as well.

I bit my lower lip as I tried to not to make any sound as I cry.

Fuck, Tyler.

You don't deserve to die yet.

Please...

Please survive...

Survive not for us but for yourself...

I cried harder.

The image of him spitting blood while he smiled at me weakly while tears were forming in his eyes was enough to murder my soul.

Just then, I heard people coming. As I looked at it, it was Newt, our manager, and Heinz.

"Ah, shit! Shit! Shit! Tyler... ahhhh," he started getting emotional as he punched the wall and put his head on it, crying.

Our manager was tensed, he was biting his nails and looked like he was about to cry.

On the other hand, Heinz sat beside me. Soon as our eyes met, he weakly smiled at me.

"It must had been traumatic," he said. "Cry more. It will make you feel better."

And I did. Tears automatically formed in my eyes.

I started crying again.

"You don't have to tell us anything," Heinz said. "The police already did."

I looked at him.

"If it hurts, it hurts, Avery. I know you're worried. Just cry. I won't leave you alone. I won't go anywhere."

I gulped.

"He won't die, won't he?"

Heinz held my hand, pressing my palm. He then gave me a weak smile.