PART FOURTEEN: THE WAR AGAINST TIME

"HOW WILL YOU KNOW IF YOU LIKE SOMEONE?"

The woman in the office looked at me.

"What do you mean?" she asked, chewing her meal. "Don't tell me you're dating dzai ha, 'wag mo akong unahan!"

"I was just curious," I said. "Does it happen naturally? I mean, how can you make sure that the feelings you have for a certain person is different, or much intense than the others? What if... you feel the exact same emotions for two people at once?"

I looked around to see if there's a customer in the store but there was none.

"Ano 'yan, girl? Sana dalawa ang puso?"

"Seryoso ako!" giit ko.

She looked in my eyes and made up her mind.

I sighed hard.

"Okay, okay," she said and sat in front of me. "Let's do this since you are curious, okay?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Close your eyes," she said.

"But why—"

"Just do as I say," she said.

And I then closed my eyes.

"What's next?" I asked.

"Think of him," she nonchalantly said.

"Who?" I asked, confusion swallowing me.

"Him."

"Who's him?"

"Bitch!" she exclaimed. "The one you immediately remember with the word, 'him'."

"O-okay..." I said, eyes closed still.

I tried to remember anyone.

Then something came to my mind.

"If liking you is a crime then why don't you convict me, attorney?"

"Go out with me, will you?"

I bit my lower lip.

How should I decide when it was clearly both of them?!

"Now, think of his eyes. Attractive, ain't it?"

Then I remembered Heinz's eyes when we were staring at each other in the storage room.

I also remembered Tyler's eyes when we were looking at each other inside the club, our face on the table, facing each other.

"Now the bridge of his nose, down to his aesthetically crafted soft lips, Imagine that irresistible feeling of kissing him."

I bit my lip.

I suddenly felt the burst of emotions when Heinz kissed me.

At the same time, I also felt the tension when I was observing Tyler's features, from his nose down to his lips.

"Hear his voice, soothing, isn't it?"

"Be safe, always..."

"I can be a soft boy and a wild bear all at once."

"How about the warmth of his hug? The feeling of being secured whenever his hands are intertwined with yours?"

The feeling of being secured?

I suddenly remembered how I called Heinz's name when I was abducted.

I also then remembered how the fear in me faded when Tyler came to rescue me.