sam-put your head on my shoulder

i get inspired by sad songs too much i'm going to try to make this happy i'm sorry

This case was a lot on you and Sam was quick to notice it. You'd often zone out and the brothers would have to say your name multiple times to bring you out of your daydream. Although it was nothing like a dream, especially not with all the dark thoughts swirling in your head. The murders on this one were brutal. A bit of an overkill for a werewolf that was taking hearts. Usually, it'd just tear the heart out and go, but these victims had a lot more wounds that could have been the cause of death.

"Honestly are we even sure that this is a werewolf, maybe we should leave it to the cops? Or the real fbi." You said feeling defeated about the fact that you had nothing to go on except for the missing hearts.

"You feeling okay?" Sam asked, putting the file of the latest victim down. Dean wasn't really paying attention to your conversation, he was too busy analyzing the files and drinking his beer. You nodded at Sam and gave him a small thumbs up, it was something you'd do to let him you were okay in quiet situations. Or when you didn't feel like talking. Sam gave you a tight lipped smile, but his worry lines were still showing on his forehead. You got up from the bed and straightened yourself out.

"Im going to take a walk, I need some air." Sam nodded and Dean ignored you once again, but just when you were about to leave he said a small "Be careful." You closed the door behind your and the cool midnight air hit you. It was almost pitch dark outside, if it wasn't for the street lights you wouldn't be able to see anything ahead of you. The further you walked away from the motel, the quieter it got. You seemed to be walking further and further away from the people at the diner or the bar which were right next to the motel and instead found yourself at a nice small park. You always liked this time of night, it comforted you and obviously you were more of a night person. Regardless of that, you were really just relieved to have some time to yourself.

You sat at one of the benches, the cool wood against your bare thighs since you were wearing jean shorts. Despite it being summer, the night time was chilly and you wished you had grabbed your cardigan on the way out. The pictures of the victims bodies were fresh in your mind after visiting the morgue this afternoon. The overkill meant anger, possibly personal anger. Maybe the werewolf was targeting people who meant harm to him? The questions swarmed in your head and you needed a desperate distraction. Something in you was telling you that this wasn't your type of case and you should just back off before something bad happened. You noticed a figure walking towards the park and you could tell by the height and build that it was Sam.

"Can I sit?" He asked when he was standing just a few feet away from you. You nodded and he came over to sit next to you. The two of you sat together in silence, neither not really knowing what to say.

"Whats going on?" Sam finally asked, making you take in a shaky breath.

"It's just... I have a bad feeling about this one Sam." You admitted.

"Take it easy okay? You can drive back to the bunker and sit this one out if you want." He said to you, putting his arm around your shoulder and pulling you in closer. You and Sam were always a bit more closer to each other than you were with Dean. Dean was more like family but Sam, he comforted you on a spiritual level. Maybe you did have feelings for each other, but it was all blurred with the pain and trauma you all constantly went through.

"I'd rather be here with you guys." You said quietly, wanting so badly to lean on Sam shoulder, but not knowing if he'd like it or if he'd be comfortable with it.

"Is Dean still at the Motel?" You asked Sam and he shook his head.

"He went out to the bar. Offered me to come with but I came to find you instead."

"How'd you know I was here?" Out of all the places, Sam knew to find you here.

"I know you better than anyone else." He said quietly and you mentally agreed. He did know you the best, you and Sam were practically inseparable. It was silent for a while.

"You can put your head on my shoulder y'know." Sam told you and you cheeks turned pink slightly. You leaned into him more and did as he said, immediately feeling more comfortable. The scent of his cologne was faint, but you still enjoyed every aspect of this moment.

"This is nice." You said barely above a whisper, partially hoping he wouldn't hear. But of course he did, and it made him smile widely.

"Yeah, it is nice."

wc-872

a/n- hi guys! i haven't updated in a while and im so sorry for that, but im trying my best but its hard. really really, hard, because i feel like my writing is ABSOLUTE shit but i have so so so so many ideas. its really hard, and i hate this chapter too but i felt like i had to give you guys something. i have like 3 other chapters that are only half way finished, and im really trying my best im sorry. hope this isn't too bad, please be patient for better chapters :)) <33