Chapter 6: The Unseen Danger Pt1

"Oh God , the cake , they have delivered the cake but where are rose petal dressings on it ....God I have to conjure that....why did I order the cake in the first place .....I should have conjured that ...I can't trust these warlock shop owners any more.. ...this is ridiculous...." kept ranting Magnus.

"Magnus , everything is perfect ,don't stress up yourself so much. My family and your friends love you for who you are and not how luxuriously you host them ...."said Alec putting Max into a black and white panda jumpsuit with great difficulty as Max was throwing his plum hands and feet everywhere.

Magnus sighed and slumped on the high back chair to relax a little at the words of his shadowhunter.

Alec was trying to calm his fidgety husband who was being more than sceptic regarding each and every preparation for the evening party. The present one being the cake which according to Alec was looking perfect and more than gorgeous .

It was their  housewarming-cum-seventh anniversary party. All of Alec's extended family and some very close friends of Magnus were invited.

Alec was preparing Max for the party in the evening.

"Will you stop moving ,Maxie..."scolded Alec as Max was naughtily making the work of putting him into the jumpsuit more difficult for Alec.

Alec was making sure that Max looked the cutest in the party. So he was putting Max into the Panda Jumpsuit. Max would surely be squished into pulp by the guests . Alec chuckled at his thoughts.

Magnus observed that Alec was going through much difficulty dressing Max.

He moved up from the chair.

"Here let me help....." said Magnus .

He came near to Alec who was on the plush bed tending to Max.

"Come here , you naughty Great Demon ......" said Magnus and held Max tight wrapping his two arms around his little body .

"Hehe...hehee....heehe...." giggled Max trying to roll his body even in the tight grip of his Papa.

Alec quickly took the soft shoes and started putting them on Max's little plum feet.

Soon Max was ready for the party . He was looking the cutest little thing in the world. Alec looked at his son with love filled eyes.

"Come here you naughty , cutie little thing ...." said Alec and pulled Max in his arms . Then Max was kissed dearly on his cheeks by his Dada. Max giggled in between the kisses .

Magnus joined in and squeezed Max's cheeks . Max was enjoying his parents loving attention.

"Magnus , its four'o' clock already , you should start dressing up ..." said Alec reminding Magnus.

"Yes , I will dress up but what are you planning to wear ? Your baggy sweatshirts and your holed pants...??" asked Magnus smiling.

" Of Course not my warlock husband , years of being your husband had taught me what to wear in a party , so don't worry..." said Alec smiling back.

Max stood up on the bed and walked to  the middle of the bed to play with Chairman who was deeply engrossed in grooming himself with his tongue.

Both Magnus and Alec kept a vigilant eye on Max to ensure , he did not trip on the bed , or worse , trip on the poor cat.

When Max slumped beside the cat and Chairman curled up near Max's lap both Magnus and Alec went back to their conversation in relief.

" But , Alexander , today you will wear a suit of my choice......" said Magnus smiling.

" Don't I do that always ....? " asked Alec a little sarcastically yet smiling.

"Yes,so today also there would be no exception...." said Magnus smirking.

" I would love that....." said Alec.

Magnus snapped his fingers and soon doors of the walk in closet opened and a moving hanger came out all by itself.

Alec could see the moving hanger had two suits , one was white with black lapels and other was black with white lapels and the white lapels had golden glitter on them .

Magnus went  towards the hanger and and took the white suit and called for Alec . Alec moved to Magnus . Magnus took Alec before the mirror and put the suit casually on him and said ...

"Gorgeous, you will look the most handsome man in the party in this white suit . White ,the purest colour just like your soul." said Magnus and put his chin on Alec's shoulders and looked lovingly at Alec in the mirror . Alec smiled at his warlock and said " Its beautiful ...Magnus . Its beautiful like your soul for which I fell so deeply...."  Alec  kissed Magnus' nose over his shoulders.

Magnus kissed Alec on his cheeks .

" Go and wear it , I want to see you in it ....." said Magnus.

Alec blushed a little and smiled shyly .

He took the suit and  was about to go inside the closet.

"Change here ...." said Magnus naughtily.

"Papa Warlock , you are forgetting that our little piece of heart is sitting right on the bed so , stop being so naughty." said Alec rolling his eyes and went inside the closet sticking his tongue out.

Magnus smirked and took his suit and he looked back once to ensure that Max was busy playing with Chairman Meow and  Magnus too went inside the closet.

After about half an hour which was conspicuously more than the time required by anyone to wear a suit , Magnus and Alec came out of the closet.

Both Magnus and Alec saw ,that Max and Chairman were cuddling each other and taking an impromtu nap.

"These two have grown into great friends ....don't you think ....Magnus..??" asked Alec looking lovingly at the duo.

"Yes , they are ....Chairman has accepted  Max the very first day when we brought Max in our arms to our lives ......he is a sweet Cat  and love us , his family a lot....." said Magnus.

Magnus sat in front of the mirror to do his make-up.

Alec was looking at his dishevelled hair and thought of doing nothing with it because they would anyway revert back to the unruly state.

"Alexander, please give Max his feed , because , once the party starts , we might be very busy ...." said Magnus putting eyeliner on his eyes to Alec.

"Don't worry Magnus ....I have made three large bottles for him , he will not miss his feed , not amidst the party too....." said Alec kissing Magnus' head.

Magnus was busy doing his make up and Alec was taking one more round of the house to see that everything was all right all around the house and the house was ready to host all the guests for the night.

//to be continued........//

❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙❤💜💛💚💙