Chapter 20 : How many children do we Have ??

"Mmmm..."

Magnus woke up from his deep sleep with the first rays of morning sun. He opened his eyes and saw a rune etched- back in front of him . He smiled in his mind.His shadowhunter was sleeping deeply. After a hectic week that included busting the Yen-Fen Racket of New York Institute ,  Magnus thought of letting his shadowhunter sleep a little more .Alec required sufficient sleep. When Magnus' sleepy vision got more clear , he saw a little feet was peeking out on top of  Alec's waist. Then he saw more carefully , a little chubby hand was peeking out from Alec's elbow too.

Magnus scooted a little close to his shadowhunter and saw he was cuddling little Max on the other side . One of Max's little leg was on Alec's waist and one of his plum hand was on Alec's elbow. Max was snuggling in his Dada.  Both the Father and son were in the world of Unicorn and Pegasus or may be Max was riding Unicorn and Alec was dating Magnus all over again, this time he was the flirt.

Magnus chuckled in his mind.

Magnus pulled the blanket up a little on both of his two worlds. He was too close to Alec and Max and was scared that he would wake them up which he did not want. But to his relief , none of the two sleepy heads woke up.

Magnus was about to move out of the bed when he felt a sudden pull on his neck . He looked back and saw , Max's little plum hands were clutching his silver chains and he was blinking his little eyes at Magnus giving his world winning smile to his Papa .Magnus quickly gestured a finger on lips to Max , so that he did not wake his tired Dada up with any sound. Max was too intelligent to make any sound and too loving to  not wake his Dada up.
Magnus carefully disentangled Max out of Alec's cuddly arms and pulled Max up in his lap.

Magnus took Max and they both slealthily moved out of the bed leaving behind a sleepy Alec who smiled a little  in his sleep.

Coming out of the bedroom , Magnus asked Max who was rightfully sitting on Magnus' hips ..

"Sweetheart, did I wake you up ?"

Max nodded a no and said " Gwanmma...come...."

"Really ???Are you sure that your Granma is coming ....?" asked Magnus.

Max nodded his head in a yes.

Magnus walked up to the kitchen and made Max to sit on the counter .

Magnus got  a little worried about the sudden visit of  Maryse Lightwood . He was wondering whether everything was alright with his old mother-in-law.

Magnus started slicing fresh apples , olives and strawberries in a bowl to give them to Max. Soon the bowl was moved to Max .

"You should be finishing this whole bowl up ...okay ..." said Magnus in his strict Papa mode.

Max took the bowl and picked a small slice of apple and started to put it inside his little mouth .

Magnus observed and said " Good boy..."

Magnus started preparing for the breakfast. He heard foot steps from the staircase .  Alec entered the kitchen saying ...

"Oh....you already started making the breakfast...?"

"Yah , Max says Maryse is on her way here..." said Magnus.

"Mum is coming ...?" asked  Alec a little  surprised.

"Is everything alright ?" said Alec loudly .

"I wonder the same.." agreed Magnus.