Chapter12: His First Birthday Pt3

*knock*....*knock*

"Alec .....Somebody's on the door...." shouted Izzy from the couch. She was sitting with her Cutie Pie Max. Max was excited . His happiness knew no bounds . The house was full of all his close family members- all the Lightwoods. But he did not know that his family would soon be joined by another member whom he had never seen before.

Alec was looking forward to his Dad. He was nervous as when his Dad would arrive.

"Yah ...I am taking the door...Magnus.. take care of the drinks ,please...I filled up eight glasses....fill the rest..." said Alec to Magnus who was busy with the cake....

"I am doing it ...don't worry ..." said Jace taking up the work.

"You are not going to take the door..." said Magnus giving a last check to the cake.

"Oh ....come on Magnus ...it must be Dad...." said Alec.

Magnus looked straight into Alec's eyes. "I will be fine Magnus . My husband is the High Warlock , my son is the Great demon and my siblings are all fierce shadowhunters..and I have a talented warlock nurse as my friend ...so nothing will happen to me....don't worry..." and he sprinted off to the door.

Magnus rolled his eyes and sighed. He would not be able to contain the energetic Alec Lightwood , maybe in some other area he might try containing him ,but not exactly now...

Alec opened the door and he looked at front.

The familiar face with wrinkles at the corner of the eyes was there in front of him. The black hair turned into a little grey . A very familiar person as tall as Alec was standing in front of him.  Alec looked at the same sharp features, the acquiline nose, the bright eyes and the pale complexion.

Alec did not know what to do . He was seeing his father this closely after many years. It was last in his wedding that he saw his father. He just stared at the familiar figure whom he once revered , whom he felt once to be his superhero, his role model. When he was small , he wanted to be like his father . His "Big Bear " was in front of him.

"Will you stand like a statue or take these things from my hands....?" asked Robert Lightwood.

"Oh...yah...of course...." said Alec coming out of the trance and taking the soft toys and a box of Vanilla-strawberry pastries from his father's hands . He quickly kept them on the nearby counter .After Robert handed over the things to Alec, he was looking funny holding a bunch of balloons in his hands.

Alec quickly took the balloons as well and tied them at the nearby counter.

Robert looked at Alec intensely and said in a breaking voice...." Can I hug you , son"

The tears which Alec was trying to suppress came out knowing no bounds. He did not say anything and just nodded like a little child ....may be before his father he became the little child again who loved his father unquestionably, who adored and worshipped him till things started getting sour between them .

Robert hugged Alec tightly .

'Son , please forgive me....I just ...I did not know what happened ....I always wanted to be a good Dad to you , to your siblings but I just could not ...those affairs which I thought was love ...no they were not ....I understood that they were just infatuations....but you would always be my son ....my little panda....my little love....you came into my life and made me a Dad for the first time , sweetheart ...and I could not thank you more....." said Robert into Alec's ears.

Alec snuggled more into his Big Bear , after a long time , he relaxed himself in the familiar warmth of his Dad.

"Forgive me Dad , I just did not say about Max to you ....." said Alec crying.