Nice to Meet You

"So what time will you be here?"

"I don't know....depends" I say with a smirk.

"Well hurry up before it ends and all the drinks are gone"

"I dont drink."

"Not yet..." I could tell Breckin was smiling even though we were on the phone.

"Whatever! I'll be there in a little....I gotta go."

"Ok see ya when ya get here."

"Bye." I hung up and looked at my closet. I had no idea what to wear. Breckin said it was a casual party... But that didn't help because everything I had was 'casual'. Come on Safire. Think! I thought for a minute then looked up into my closet. I pulled out some sheer tights and a pair of short shorts. I grabbed a half shirt with a kiss logo on it, along with my duck bill ball cap. I found my Jordan high tops and putt those on as well. I went to my mirror and putt some mascara on, along with some dark eye shadow. I grabbed my dark red lip gloss and applied some. I went to the bathroom and took my hat off. I ran the straightener through my blonde hair. My phone vibrated. I got a message from miles.

"Hey I'm here around the corner. Are you ready?"

I looked at the phone then walked back into my bedroom. I threw my phone on my bed and stood at the top of the stairs.

"Dad, I'm going to bed I'm tired k?"

"Ok honey goodnight."

I turned around and went back to my room and picked my phone.

"Ya I'll be out in a minute "

My dad didn't know about the party so I stuffed some pillows under my covers and climbed out the window. I have a tree by my window so its easy to sneak out. I saw Miles's car down the street. I started to walk toward it. He saw me and drove till he met me. I went around the car and opened the door. He looked over and smiled at me.

"Hey"

"Hey" I say and smile back. He put his hands on the steering wheel and hit the gas. Miles knew I liked going fast so he sped up as we got to a side road. He has a stick shift, and I always shift it for him while he is driving. We have been friends forever. But i think he has started to feel differently lately...since every time I had my hand on the shift, he would reach down 'pretending' to shift and place his hand on top of mine. But whenever I would look down or over at him he would pull away.

He looked over at me as laughed in joy from the speed. We were on a dirt road pretty much in the middle of the woods. In the distance we could see lights and hear the faint noise of music.

"Ok before we get in there... I am not drinking. So I will be driving. And your mother can't see you drunk so you can crash at my place." I say as he slows down.

He looked at me with a smile. "You're saying I'm going to drink? I never said that I was going to." He said.

"You never said you wouldn't." I say smiling.

"Ok...ok...that means you can't have any alcohol if you are going to drive me anywhere!" He pulled into a space to park and stopped. I looked over at him and could see him grinning.

"I don't drink." He looked at me seriously.

"I know you don't." My smile faded as he talked. "This is a really big party. And there are going to be a lot of people in there. All I'm saying is you need to be careful." I could tell he cared about me and was worried by the tone in his voice. I smiled and looked into his eyes. He smiled back then got out. I sat in the car for a moment thinking about what Miles said. I got out and followed Miles up to the house.